Post by Gh057gurl »

RPTroll wrote:Yes, it should work fine.
Nifty! Thanks :wink:

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: [Savage Worlds] RPTroll's Campaign File Framework

Post by RPTroll »

Note to All

last night during the Demo game zEaL mentioned a way to programatically add properties to tokens. This opens up a lot of doors for Edges, Hindrances, Gear and Powers. Over the next month or so the campaign properties may change for those Lib tokens. I'll code it in such a was as you'll never know the difference but I may cryptically ask you to update the campaign props for newer versions. The downside of the new approach is you won't be able to edit some of those properties via the token edit window in maptool BUT I'll provide another GM interface to do so. Since I'm in Gear anyway I'll start there.

Regards,
Troll
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

jbl7979
Kobold

Post by jbl7979 »

My players and I look forward to these changes. I have been adding things like knowledge types and new edges directly to the token properties window, but a screen that is similar to how you currently have powers with check boxes and such would be awesome.

Mathemagician
Dragon

Post by Mathemagician »

I might be going crazy, but I think last time I downloaded this framework, the initiative system wasn't quite right? I think you should only reshuffle on the round following a joker draw, but I seem to remember drawing two of the same card before a joker? Might be something to look into.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Mathemagician wrote:I might be going crazy, but I think last time I downloaded this framework, the initiative system wasn't quite right? I think you should only reshuffle on the round following a joker draw, but I seem to remember drawing two of the same card before a joker? Might be something to look into.
It's changed quite a bit. I ditched the Init panel completely in favor of a custom display. The players no longer draw cards (due to synchronization issues I couldn't overcome) so the GM deals. The init system did show an error last time in that the stepCount variable wasn't being set right when the deck reinitialized (after Joker Draw and GM reset between rounds). I should have that fixed before next week.

The other request I'll work on is when a die Aces it shows the rolls in the chat window to make it more 'exciting'.

Daelkyr
Giant

Post by Daelkyr »

The "exciting Aces" request was/is mine. :oops:

I feel it's necessary because the two times I've played Savage Worlds at the tabletop, there was general high five-ing and cheers over a single ace, let alone the time a players Aced thrice in a row on a eight-sided die. Just my experience thought, your mileage may vary.

Image Josh

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Daelkyr wrote:The "exciting Aces" request was/is mine. :oops:

I feel it's necessary because the two times I've played Savage Worlds at the tabletop, there was general high five-ing and cheers over a single ace, let alone the time a players Aced thrice in a row on a eight-sided die. Just my experience thought, your mileage may vary.

Image Josh
As it turns out, I agree with you. We've had an ongoing debate about the best way to do this. I think for now I'll try to show the dice image when a roll aces to see how that looks. If it takes up too much space I'll drop back to showing it via text.

Daelkyr
Giant

Post by Daelkyr »

My personal vision for the implementation would be simply an inversion of the "rolled a natural 1" text that you have show up under the die rolls. Something like:

and rolled an Aced! / and rolled X Aces!!! for when a single/multiple ace(s) are rolled. Now, as I was saying on Wednesday, I have NO idea how hard this would be to do with exploding dice rolls.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Did RPMiller ever get those new dice images?
Kristian

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Amaril wrote:Did RPMiller ever get those new dice images?
Not to my knowledge. He's a busy guy.

Hussar
Kobold

Post by Hussar »

Thanks a lot guys. You freaking rock.

Fortunately, my SW game won't be starting until July, so, I'll be jumping right into these changes you've already made. I'll hold off a bit getting things really prepped for a bit. Thanks for the updates.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Hussar wrote:Thanks a lot guys. You freaking rock.

Fortunately, my SW game won't be starting until July, so, I'll be jumping right into these changes you've already made. I'll hold off a bit getting things really prepped for a bit. Thanks for the updates.
You can go ahead and do the maps and VBL. None of that interaction will change. You can also go ahead and drop tokens and set stats. Avoid setting the Edges, Hindrances, and Gear until I finish up on those sections.

jbl7979
Kobold

Post by jbl7979 »

Just was showing a new player what we're doing, and he is getting the "Undefined function: CurrentInit" when trying to open his character sheet. Any ideas?

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Ok, how about this for Acing rolls. In this case its an orc with a d4 smarts.

Code: Select all

Smarts Roll: 15  
Your rolled Aced 3 times!
or

Code: Select all

Smarts Roll: 6 
Your rolled Aced!

Return to “Savage Worlds Frameworks”