[Savage Worlds] RPTroll's Campaign File Framework

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

simonr43
Cave Troll

Re: [Savage Worlds] RPTroll's Campaign File Framework

Post by simonr43 »

just having a play with version 11, and have a small snag. If you are trying to set the die type for skills/attributes, the first three options are all d4, and then it jumps to d10, d12 etc. The problem is in the die drop down macro on the GM:lib. A quick edit of that to show d4, d6, d8 fixes it.

One I can't fix is that the roll trait button that is added to the token by the 'Create token Macros' button doesn't work (although the one in the campaign tokens does)

As usual, This update is excellent and I really like the initiative panel and extra macros added to the player tokens. It saves opening the character sheets for everyone involved in a combat.

Si

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

simonr43 wrote:just having a play with version 11, and have a small snag. If you are trying to set the die type for skills/attributes, the first three options are all d4, and then it jumps to d10, d12 etc. The problem is in the die drop down macro on the GM:lib. A quick edit of that to show d4, d6, d8 fixes it.

One I can't fix is that the roll trait button that is added to the token by the 'Create token Macros' button doesn't work (although the one in the campaign tokens does)

As usual, This update is excellent and I really like the initiative panel and extra macros added to the player tokens. It saves opening the character sheets for everyone involved in a combat.

Si
Dang Cut and Paste problem! Replace "Roll Trait" with "RollTokenTrait" in the macro and the button that creates macros. If you have the button on a token already you'll need to edit it or remove it and rerun the campaign macro that created it.

Also, I was running through the battle with the Mage, Hero, Elf and Troll in Post 2 of this thread in order to get enough events to populate my new "Show Events" function I discovered I really wanted the combatant with init to have the checkbox checked on the Init Panel. (You'll be glad to know the Troll lost but only barely. He took out the fighter and mage then the dang elf managed to shake the Troll with a rapier of all things and back off enough to fill the Troll with arrows). So I made that modification and fixed a small bug in the Init Panel that kept trying to draw cards for everyone on the last init step if other actions were being used. I fixed that as well.

I think your players will like the new Show Events function. It will show them their rolls for the current combat so you can tell if the gods of the maptool dice roller are with or against them.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

New file to play with.

http://RPTroll.com/Fantasyv12.cmpgn

I also fixed the die drop down. It now includes + to the normal rolls to allow players with edge which always add modifiers (such as strong willed to Taunt).

nortonweb
Cave Troll

Post by nortonweb »

Hi

For the ammo usage can we decrement any ammo on the character by the shots in the weapon when it reloads. I think you have it set to 1 for now.

What I mean is if I use my rifle which holds 8 shots. I fire my 8 shots and then it reloads (as an aside any way to build in reloading that takes an action or two such as black powder weapons).
When my rifle is reloaded it only takes 1 from my ammo in gear where as I'd expect it to take 8.

cheers

Pete

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I just wrote a 5 paragraph comment on ammo then came up with an idea negating everything I'd written. What if, in the weapon section you pick the ammo type AND the number of ammo used to load the weapon? For rayguns and bows this would be one. For guns it would be the number of bullets needed to fill the weapon. That would solve it all I think.

For now, I recommend creating something like 'rifleReloadx8' ammo type to denote that. You would but this in the gear list just like any other gear. I'll try to get to the numAmmo next.

Now, onto the question of time spent to reload, we have a few options.
1) spit a comment out to the chat screen stating so-and-so needs to reload along with the round number. I think that's one line of code. I can even put it in Events so a gm can see what round the character needed to reload in.
2) make 'reload weapon' an option in the Gear Use page that would spit a message out into chat saying so-and-so is reloading.' This would kind of suck for the bow and arrow guys that have to reload each round but I could do something to suppress the option if the weapon had an ammo capacity of 1.
3) Add a new column to the Weapon Variation that stated how long it takes to reload and make the weapon unusable until the character spends those actions.

Let me know if you have other ideas.

BTW: Thanks for the feedback. It helps a lot.

In other news, found another problem with the Trait Test button created on a token. It has an abort(0) in there with suppresses the output.
Edit: Lib:Gear SetGearAttrs, SetGearAttrTypes, UpdateGearDialogOK modified for new Weapon columns SkillBonus, Ammo2Fill
Campign Macros: Create Token Macro Buttons - Fixed Trait Test Create

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Here's a zip file with the latest.

http://RPTroll.com/Framework/TROLLWARE.zip
The Zip files contains

Code: Select all

CampaignMacros.mtmacset - to import into your campaign macro window
FantasyCompanion_v1.cmpgn - Fantasy setting
HellFrost_v1.cmpgn - HellFrost setting (partial)
LibDeck.rptok - Init Deck Lib:
LibDiceBox.rptok - Rumbles Dice Box
LibFantasyCompanion.rptok - Setting token for the Fantasy Companion campaign file
LibGear.rptok - Gear Lib:
LibGM.rptok - GM Lib:
LibHellFrost.rptok - HellFrost Setting Token
LibInit.rptok - Init Lib:
LibPowers.rptok - Power Lib:
LibRace.rptok - Race Lib:
LibSlipstream.rptok - Slipstream Setting Token
SavageCampaignProperties.mtmacro - Campaign Properties you can import
Slipstream_v1.cmpgn - Slipstream Campaign file

Modification times and size for those interested
-rw-r--r-- 1     3700 2009-08-15 21:50 CampaignMacros.mtmacset
-rw-r--r-- 1 16255142 2009-08-15 21:47 FantasyCompanion_v1.cmpgn
-rw-r--r-- 1 16325345 2009-08-15 21:52 HellFrost_v1.cmpgn
-rw-r--r-- 1    22070 2009-08-15 20:56 LibDeck.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1   188181 2009-08-15 20:56 LibDiceBox.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1    90563 2009-08-15 20:55 LibFantasyCompanion.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1   182350 2009-08-15 21:24 LibGear.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1   354253 2009-08-15 21:24 LibGM.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1    75757 2009-08-15 20:55 LibHellFrost.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1    86360 2009-08-15 20:56 LibInit.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1    33654 2009-08-15 20:54 LibPowers.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1    79185 2009-08-15 20:55 LibRace.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1   101587 2009-08-15 22:04 LibSlipstream.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1   370410 2009-08-15 21:14 SavageCampaignProperties.mtmacro
-rw-r--r-- 1 12887658 2009-08-15 22:08 Slipstream_v1.cmpgn
You can now have a six shooter and it will reload with individual bullets. In the case of a six shooter you would open up the sixshooter gear entry and put a 6 in the ammo2fill box.

Other Changes:
Changed the gear line on the character sheet to produce 1 line per gear type and only hyper link weapons. Hyperlinking the others seemed kind of useless.
Reduced the size of the state icons to prevent the need to scroll.
Changed the size of the number of gear on the update gear box to 2.
Updated the Create Token Macro macro to first delete the old macros and put the new (corrected) ones down.

I highly recommend the use of the settings tokens to save your data. They suck out genre settings from GM, Race, Gear, and Powers as well as your current Init state. This allows you suck your current settings out, drop updated lib: tokens onto your map, then push your setting properties back to the new tokens.

nortonweb
Cave Troll

Post by nortonweb »

On reloading ammo.

How about a new property on the weapon "RndToReload" and on the weapon held by the character "ReloadRnd".

Then the use gear routine is changed so when it is attempted to be used it first before kicking off the reload process it checks the RndToReload value. If its 0 or equal to the items ReloadRnd then it reloads (thinking here is 0 its a free action and if ReloadRnd==RndToReload then it means you must have spent the last actions reloading) and ReloadRnd is reset to 0.

If its anything but 0 or greater than ReloadRnd then print to Chat xxxx spend an action to reload. Then increment ReloadRnd by one.

To help this it might be good if the notes text can have in it in bold RELOADING x of y.

I tried to start coding this but hit a stumbling block on adding the new item property "RndToReload". When I try to trigger the edit prompt I get a JSON error :( but I shall persist :)

Edit: GearAttrTypes ahhhh I need to add it there :D

nortonweb
Cave Troll

Post by nortonweb »

Hows this.
Attachments
PetersLibGear.rptok
(179.69 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I tried it out and it seems to work fine. Its got one small formatting issued on the GearUse line if you have a variation note which is actually my problem. :-) I'm also printing out the variation number in the GearUse section somewhere. But other than that it looks good and seems to work they way it should. I'm going to plug in a black powder weapon and see what that does.

Just a note to others, Nortonweb's reload will print a message out to the chat window saying you're using an action to reload. You can happily select the same weapon again and fire it but you'll need to take into account the action spent loading. If its a 2 action reload weapon I think you have to make an Agility roll or something to get the thing to fire in one round. (or it maybe just be a -4 penalty, I forget).

Good Job. I'll do some more testing and re-upload the TROLLWARE.zip later tonight.

In other news, I'm creating a SWEX.cmpgn file that will contain all the gear there.

EDIT: New TROLLWARE.zip available.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

What do you guys things of putting the Gear variations in column order vs. row order? That variation line is getting pretty long and it might help if it ran down the page rather than across.

Or is it ok they way it it?

nortonweb
Cave Troll

Post by nortonweb »

Hi

I was wondering about building the Rippers Strategic Lodge mini game using the Deck Lib and was thinking through options when I decided to see instead if I could first build a working Adventure Deck.

And I think I did. It may not be the neatest of code as I'm quite tired now but its built :)
You need to import the table, add the Lib and import the three buttons into campaign.
And if you want to you can replace the character sheet macro on the GM Lib with the one included. This will add a link on the LHN of the character sheet that will show the characters Adventure cards at the bottom of the sheet.

Its works almost like the init system. The GM selects a token and the clicks the Draw AD Card from campaign macros.

The player can then "play" the card from their character sheet.

If they get the card that lets them pick any of the adventure cards left they can use the Show Adventure Deck macro. At the start or end of every session you can Reset AD Deck.

I have added all the base Adventure Cards and also the ones for Rippers. I own them as a PDF I will assume you do too. If you do not go here and buy them
http://www.studio2publishing.com/shop/p ... ts_id=2459

The Rippers cards are mixed in you will need to find them in the table and replace them with ones for your setting. Setting cards are normally a free download.

Here is the file:

http://www.nortonweb.net/tmp/AdventureDeck.zip

[EDIT: the table export has been removed from the zip (see post below). For information on it PM me.]
Last edited by nortonweb on Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I uploaded a new version of the ZIP. Here are a few of the changes:

Powers Token
GM definable Arcane Backgrounds - you can now create a Huckster AB type and Priest of Socanathany if you desire have have this (rather than AB Magic) appear on the character sheet.
Racial Powers - SW is going towards a global race model. When a race has a power its based on either Vigor or Smarts. I added these in.

Setting Tokens
Now Pulls setting arcane backgrounds and setting spells

GM Token:
Modified Get Edges&Hindrances, Get Edge&Hindrance Names, Update Rank and Race
Added TraitTestWithMod(trait,modifier,modiferString)

Gear Token:
Made use of TraitTestWithMod to grab SkillBonus from the Variation and send it to the trait test so if you've got a +1 Longsword you would do something like TraitTestWithMod("Fighting",1,"+1 with magic long sword")

Init Token:
Updated Init Control so you can affect states from that window. It pops up the normal UpdateStatesDialog from Lib:GM. Note, you can also Wound and Fatigue tokens this way.

Race Token:
Added a few functions called from the Character Sheet dialogs.

A note concerning uploads.

I was killing myself trying to maintain all those campaign files. I'm not going to do that anymore. I'll include all the setting tokens in the SW:EX lib token. In theory you should be able to create any of the genres in question from those. I'll continue to export the Lib: tokens so you can add those to your existing campaigns using the a setting token to save your data off before importing the Lib: Tokens.

-rw-r--r-- 1    3700 2009-08-15 21:50 CampaignMacros.mtmacset
-rw-r--r-- 1   22090 2009-08-19 10:31 LibDeck.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1  188181 2009-08-15 20:56 LibDiceBox.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1   90349 2009-08-18 16:33 LibFantasyCompanion.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1  184594 2009-08-19 10:30 LibGear.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1  419457 2009-08-19 10:30 LibGM.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1   78090 2009-08-18 16:13 LibHellFrost.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1   85957 2009-08-19 10:31 LibInit.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1   35337 2009-08-19 10:31 LibPowers.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1   79525 2009-08-19 10:31 LibRace.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1  101587 2009-08-15 22:04 LibSlipstream.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1  163124 2009-08-19 10:31 LibSWEX.rptok
-rw-r--r-- 1  401061 2009-08-18 19:24 SavageWorlds.mtprops
-rw-r--r-- 1 3319487 2009-08-19 10:31 SWEX.cmpgn
-rw-r--r-- 1 5160963 2009-08-19 10:32 TROLLWARE.zip

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

nortonweb wrote:Hi

I was wondering about building the Rippers Strategic Lodge mini game using the Deck Lib and was thinking through options when I decided to see instead if I could first build a working Adventure Deck.

And I think I did. It may not be the neatest of code as I'm quite tired now but its built :)
You need to import the table, add the Lib and import the three buttons into campaign.
And if you want to you can replace the character sheet macro on the GM Lib with the one included. This will add a link on the LHN of the character sheet that will show the characters Adventure cards at the bottom of the sheet.

Its works almost like the init system. The GM selects a token and the clicks the Draw AD Card from campaign macros.

The player can then "play" the card from their character sheet.

If they get the card that lets them pick any of the adventure cards left they can use the Show Adventure Deck macro. At the start or end of every session you can Reset AD Deck.

I have added all the base Adventure Cards and also the ones for Rippers. I own them as a PDF I will assume you do too. If you do not go here and buy them
http://www.studio2publishing.com/shop/p ... ts_id=2459

The Rippers cards are mixed in you will need to find them in the table and replace them with ones for your setting. Setting cards are normally a free download.

Here is the file:

http://www.nortonweb.net/tmp/AdventureDeck.zip
Well, here's my take. You shouldn't distribute the base adventure deck. I would suggest distributing the free stuff with instructions on how to add the base adventure deck or asking folks to send you the adventure deck pdf (to prove they own it) before providing them with the entire deck. That way everyone stays honest.

I've made a Lib:Deck token for Adventure decks and use the "Show Hands" function to run it. I don't mind including the functionality in the base distribution. I think what we'd want to do is have a AD Setting Deck to go along with the Setting Tokens and modify the Setting Tokens to suck the AD information out as well. I'll take a look at what you have. I like the idea of playing them from the character sheet a lot!

If someone can point me to the free adventure deck supplements or go ahead and make tables out of them we can start including those in the releases.

Oh, and regarding messy code: I'm not sure you can consider any macro code non-messy. :-)

EDIT: OK, I had time to play with it. It looks really sweet! Good Job!

nortonweb
Cave Troll

Post by nortonweb »

Hi

I've just noticed I think Languages is missed from the Settings tokens.

Also I don't seem to be able to get attacks from the Init panel to work.

cheers

Peter

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

What sort of errors are you getting from the attack button. I tested this morning and it seems to work for me.

I added languages to the setting token and re-uploaded the zip. I also exported the macros from the setting token in case you just want to import those.

Length     Date   Time    Name
 --------    ----   ----    ----
     3700  08-15-09 21:50   CampaignMacros.mtmacset
    22090  08-19-09 10:31   LibDeck.rptok
   188181  08-15-09 20:56   LibDiceBox.rptok
    90395  08-20-09 06:59   LibFantasyCompanion.rptok
   184594  08-19-09 10:30   LibGear.rptok
   419457  08-19-09 10:30   LibGM.rptok
    78131  08-20-09 06:59   LibHellFrost.rptok
    85957  08-19-09 10:31   LibInit.rptok
   324797  08-19-09 19:31   LibPowers.rptok