[Savage Worlds] RPTroll's Campaign File Framework

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

simonr43
Cave Troll

Re: [Savage Worlds] RPTroll's Campaign File Framework

Post by simonr43 »

RPTroll wrote:Would everyone be ok with the idea of putting token notes in the lower half of the window when the character sheet is first invoked?
sounds like a good idea to me. Would it replace the 'whisper' dialogue, or be in addition? would it disappear once an item has been used (e.g. a weapon attack)? Finally would you be able to view them again without having to close and re-open the character sheet?

Si

nortonweb
Cave Troll

Post by nortonweb »

simonr43 wrote:Cheers for the amended tokens Nortonweb. I did find a missing quotation mark in one macro, the WeaponDamageJSON. in blunderbuss t38 there is a missing " prior to "fires at long range". once this is corrected the weapon damage works correctly. Your changes to the other macros seem to work great, the brackets are no longer causing a problem.
LOL thanks for pointing out my coding flaws... strange I seem to get the damage system to work fine.
Its good to hear they 'seem' to work :)

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

simonr43 wrote:
RPTroll wrote:Would everyone be ok with the idea of putting token notes in the lower half of the window when the character sheet is first invoked?
sounds like a good idea to me. Would it replace the 'whisper' dialogue, or be in addition? would it disappear once an item has been used (e.g. a weapon attack)? Finally would you be able to view them again without having to close and re-open the character sheet?

Si
My thought was to put some hyperlinks down the side under the pic and card for things like whisper, notes, and other stuff like the combat survival guide for the new folks.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

nortonweb
Cave Troll

Post by nortonweb »

RPTroll wrote:What I'm doing it to make it easier for me to game and hoping that others find it useful as well.
Some where back there you say this and I recon you should just keep doing that. If putting the notes and links where you want is going to help you chances are it will help everyone else and if they don't like it then nothing stops them changing it to how they like it :D

Basically you keep providing your time and work and I for one will keep taking with no complaints :D
Last edited by nortonweb on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

simonr43
Cave Troll

Post by simonr43 »

nortonweb wrote: LOL thanks for pointing out my coding flaws... strange I seem to get the damage system to work fine.
Its good to hear they 'seem' to work :)
apologies if I've come across as critical, I really wasn't meaning to be. I'm learning loads from the work you and RPTroll have done here and really do appreciate it. Like I said before, I'm not sure of the etiquette for this sort of development stuff (not that I'm developing anything, more like I'm poking around in other peoples work). I'll try and be a bit more 'diplomatic' in the future :)

Si

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I'll be posting a few notes here of what's changed so you and I can keep up with it.

Changed macros: UpdateGear, VarLine, SetGearAttrTypes, GearField

Changed Gear Notes to Gear Comments due to conflict with Weapon Damage Variations. You'll loose any notes you have stored outside the weapon and armor variations.

Nothing to see here. Move along. :-)

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

OK. I've got a first pass at the gear editor.

You can download a campaign file containing the functionality here.

To use, click on the Lib:Gear token and find the 'Edit Gear' button on the Selected window. It should be pretty self explanatory from there.

A note on Variations:
Both Armor and Weapons have and extra set of entry fields. The ones for Armor aren't really used right now but the ones for Weapons are. Weapons allows you any number of variations while Armor has but one.

I haven't tested thoroughly yet so please play around with it and let me know if you find any bugs.

BTW: Did you know the colors on the dialogs is editable. Look for character_sheet_css on the Lib:GM token.

Cheers,
Troll.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

New stuff in Gear.

You can now duplicate gear, rename gear, delete gear and use spaces in gear names, I also put a button in the "Utility" section to sort your gear list.

Download Here

Now I have some questions for you folks relating to artifacts and one-of-a-kind weapons:
Do you want a skill roll modifier in the weapons variation? Thus if a weapon gives you a +2 to hit you'd put 2 in the 'Bonus' box next to the Skill. While most of the pulp and sci fi settings don't regularly give out bonuses to hit for weapons the fantasy campaigns do it on a regular basis.

Do you want a 'GM Only' check box so that only you, as the GM, can assign that particular piece of gear to a player. Again this is so folks can't go around giving themselves magic swords and the like.

Let me know how the testing goes.

Thanks and Regards,
Troll

simonr43
Cave Troll

Post by simonr43 »

That looks excellent, I've only had a quick glance at it so far. The inclusion of a sorting macro is a neat idea. With respect to the questions you ask, for my own view an inclusion of a bonus modifier field wouldn't do any harm, and might come in useful. I wouldn't bother adding the option for equipment to be GM only though. If a GM doesn't want a player to have a particular piece of equipment he can just veto it.

nortonweb
Cave Troll

Post by nortonweb »

Excellent stuff :)

Thats heaps easier to work with :D

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I made a few small changes to the character sheet. You now have some links that show token notes and the combat survival guide. I'm not happy with the formatting yet but you can get the idea of where I'm heading with it. It pulls the notes from the Token Edit window.

Download Here

If you call the Character Sheet with "Activate" as the arg you don't get an empty line sent to chat. You can check out the call from the Campaign Macro.

Please check out Rumble's Dice Box. Let me know if you'd like something similar with exploding (Acing) dice for this framework.

I've got races and vehicle to add still. Since we're about to have a big space battle in my game I'll probably do vehicles next. It should simply be a derivation of the Gear Lib token. Any other requests?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

RPTroll wrote:I made a few small changes to the character sheet. You now have some links that show token notes and the combat survival guide. I'm not happy with the formatting yet but you can get the idea of where I'm heading with it. It pulls the notes from the Token Edit window.

Download Here

If you call the Character Sheet with "Activate" as the arg you don't get an empty line sent to chat. You can check out the call from the Campaign Macro.

Please check out Rumble's Dice Box. Let me know if you'd like something similar with exploding (Acing) dice for this framework.

I've got races and vehicle to add still. Since we're about to have a big space battle in my game I'll probably do vehicles next. It should simply be a derivation of the Gear Lib token. Any other requests?

Don't know if you saw it in the other thread, but I added in Target Numbers and exploding dice (your Savage Worlds stuff made me think to add Acing dice). Usability is so-so (it resets explode when you change the output or tooltip; I'm working on that).

Feel free to drop the dice box into your framework - it's a standalone Lib:Token.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Dice box integrated into the latest test campaign. I also added a 'Burn Bennie' link since folks use that a lot.

Download Here

simonr43
Cave Troll

Post by simonr43 »

Blimey, you're on a roll(Ha! I just made a pun!). I was reading the thread about the dice roller and thinking it looked like it was worth grabbing, and lo and behold, you add it to your framework just like that. Thanks again, and a thanks to Rumble as well,

Si

NordicNinja
Kobold

Post by NordicNinja »

Hey RPTroll, fantastic work on the framework.

So, I've recently been introduced to Savage Worlds and wanted to use the system for my own campaign. To which I've attempted to use the most recent posting (WizardsAndWarriorsv5) for today's game, but was having issues with the chat window displaying things properly.

For example:

Andara: Strength Roll: 7 « "You Aced!" = "You Aced!" = You Aced! » « '' = '' =  »
Wild Roll: 5 « '' = '' =  » « '' = '' =  »

or

Andara:
Andara casts Bolt

Spellcasting Roll: 9 « '' = '' =  » « '' = '' =  »
Wild Roll: 11 « "Wild Die Aced!" = "Wild Die Aced!" = Wild Die Aced! » « '' = '' =  »
With the following effect: bolt for 2d6 damage 5 « '' = '' =  »

Is there something I'm missing...? I have the Use Tooltip for Inline Rolls selected.

Also, could someone point me towards the current directions for using the initiative token? I don't believe I'm using that correctly, either.

Thanks a lot.

Return to “Savage Worlds Frameworks”