[Savage Worlds] RPTroll's Campaign File Framework

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

bigeshu
Kobold

Re: [Savage Worlds] RPTroll's Campaign File Framework

Post by bigeshu »

Thanks so much! I figured it out. Apparently ABSupers doesn't unlock that at least if you're playing by the superpowers companion rules where you don't need to take skill ranks in your powers. Would it be possible to rules hack it in?

kronovan
Kobold

Post by kronovan »

I loaded MapTool back up the other day while not having used in quite some time. While I can load the SWEX campaign (SWEX.cmpgn) without problems I get nothing but a series of endless errors when I justtried to load the framework and add the libraries manually, but that's another topic and not really my question here.

I tried to add a character skill to the SWEX campaign, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that? I can see the dialogs to add edges, powers, etc, but nothing for skills, which I'm a bit surprised was missed. I can see the list of skills in the LIB:GM file's properties (LibGM.rptok) and I can add a skill to the list, but I get errors when I tried to save and update the LIB:GM. I've also tried saving the LibGM.rptok as another filename and upating it, and while the saving and updating work I get a multitude of annoying errors if I try to us it in place of the default LIB:GM.

Is there an easy way to add a skill for the SW framework?

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Open the Lib:GM token and add it to setting skill. It will show up then
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

bigeshu wrote:Thanks so much! I figured it out. Apparently ABSupers doesn't unlock that at least if you're playing by the superpowers companion rules where you don't need to take skill ranks in your powers. Would it be possible to rules hack it in?
You could add the powers as setting edges on lib:gm Then they would just show up in the list.

kronovan
Kobold

Post by kronovan »

RPTroll wrote:Open the Lib:GM token and add it to setting skill. It will show up then
I'm not sure what you mean by "open" as I don't have any such option on any of my menus. If I right click the Lib:GM token in my Map Explorer I do have an "Edit..." option on the context menu, is that by chance what you're referring to?

If I edit the list string for the Skills property and add my new skill, I can successfully click OK and save. However, thereafter whenever I attempt to launch the character sheet for a character, an "Input Value for Hero" dialog box pops up and prompts me to input a value for my new skill.

[Edit] I think I figured it out. I accessed 'Edit' > 'Campaign Properties...", then select the 'Basic' Token property and entered my new skill with a default valued; i.e. newskill:d4e-2. I'm no longer getting the Input Value for Hero dialog, so I'm guessing that's what I was missing.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

It is generally better to add the skill to setting skills rather than skills.

By open, I mean Edit the token and update a property, in this case setting skills

kronovan
Kobold

Post by kronovan »

RPTroll wrote:It is generally better to add the skill to setting skills rather than skills.
I tried that, and although it didn't cause the errors like adding a skill to the skill list did, the new skill also didn't show up in my list of skills.

Is there some special syntax for new entries in the Setting Skills box?

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

In general it should not contain any spaces or special characters.

kronovan
Kobold

Post by kronovan »

RPTroll wrote:In general it should not contain any spaces or special characters.
OK, well I did enter it that way. I entered my new skill in the Settings Skills box and clicked [OK]. I'm sure I missing some simple step, is there something else I should be doing?

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

What is the skill name?

kronovan
Kobold

Post by kronovan »

RPTroll wrote:What is the skill name?
Sorry PRTroll, I didn't check back last month after my last post. The name of the skill -as weird as this may sound- was Hockey. As I said, I could enter it in the Settings Skills text box without any errors, but it doesn't show up in the list of skills for a character.

Garodin
Kobold

Post by Garodin »

When I wanted to add a skill to this framework, the only way that actually worked for me was to first go into edit -> campaign properties, then go to basic and add the skill in there as a d4e-2 along with the rest. After that I added the same skill into the skill section of the lib:gm, setting skill didn't want to seem to work for me either strangely.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I'm working a an update to the framework that involves a better reloading algorithm. I'll check into the setting skills issue.

Nethru
Kobold

Post by Nethru »

any word on when the update will be ready to test? :)

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Since you reminded me to work on it, sooner rather than later. :-)

Return to “Savage Worlds Frameworks”