General D&D Next (5e) Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 5e.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Protesilaus
Kobold

Re: General D&D Next (5e) Framework

Post by Protesilaus »

zgrose wrote:ah, updates. I'm subscribed to the thread now. Lets see what you've got.... :)

(edit) The Hero token seems to be working, but not the monster. I get various versions of:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "AC" error executing expression Mod = json.get(Modifier, Attr).
I'll fix the monster token...to do it manually, since they both use the same macros, so you can just erase all the macros on it, export the hero's and import it to the monster.

Actually since I always forget to update the monster, I'll probably just delete the monster token and tell people to just keep copying the Hero token to make more.

zgrose
Cave Troll

Post by zgrose »

Thanks.

The windows are positioning better now, too.

yorick
Cave Troll

Post by yorick »

Oh, cool. Glad to see this is still alive. I'll give it a whirl. We're scheduled to have another 5e game around 4/7, or maybe a week after that. This'll come in handy.

Vhex
Giant

Post by Vhex »

New playtest packet came out yesterday, not sure if this means you need updates, just informational.

Protesilaus
Kobold

Post by Protesilaus »

I quickly read through the playtest packet. Nothing jumped out at me as a major must fix.

yorick
Cave Troll

Post by yorick »

The last packet changed criticals. Instead of "maxed dmg + die" it is now "regular attack dmg + one additional damage die from attack, you may choose which one". Makes crits potentially a little less devastating: They are still dice rolls, just that now one more die is being cast. A 4d10 attack will not automatically do 40 on a crit, instead it becomes 5d10, and that's probably for the best. (Playtesting has shown that very "swingy" mechanics hurt the characters more than they help them, since the characters are often outnumbered by monsters)

Return to “D&D 5e Frameworks”