5e D&D Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 5e.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: 5e D&D Framework

Post by wolph42 »

JeezyKreezy wrote:Perfection! Thanks for your help. I've been playing around with all the other features packaged in, there is some really good stuff in here.
I love the crowd control macros and the build forest.
I hope I can figure out the Canopy and Roof stuff, I tried making a pit trap too but it didn't quite work :(
I'm sure if I can spend enough time on it I'll figure it out.

Thanks again!
...thank you by proxy :P

link in sig.

Chaoticshmoo
Kobold

Post by Chaoticshmoo »

Thank you for this awesomeness however I'm having an issue when I try using random macros. The following error comes up when I have my stack size set at 31MB and my memory max at 20048MB and min memory and default.
<html>A stack overflow has occurred.<p>This is commonly because a macro being used has exceeded the stack space specified when MapTool was executed.<br>Please run MapTool again and specify a larger stack size.
I've tried it at the default settings and still get the error. I even get the error when I simply start up my server. Please help.

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

The stack size should definitely not be 31! I usually go with 3. The max memory should also not be more than 2048, and then only if you are running 64-bit java. Which macro in particular are you having trouble with?

furluge
Kobold

Post by furluge »

So I've been using this framework for my campaign and if you don't mind I wanted to share some of the tweaks I've made to it in case it will save anyone else a little work.

Paulstrait 5e Framework - Furluge tweak v1

Code: Select all

Changelog

Added XP to character sheet
Maximum weight on character sheet set to Str*15 per default 5e rules
Added properties to characters and NPCs for maximum spellslots of each level
(MaxFirst, MaxSecond, etc.)
Long rest now changes current spell slots to match maximum spell slots. (No need to change long rest macro for spellcasters)
Character sheet now will show current and max spell slots for a token, the listing only displays if the token more has more than 1 first level spell available (MaxFirst > 0)
Added Edit Spells Slots macro to give a popup to edit spell slots
Added a "Generic Spellbook" that has spell macros that only expend spell slots for tokens for tracking purposes.
Added a more generic hero template token. "Hero Template Furluge".
Also, if I may ask, is there any functional difference between AddWeapon and NewWeapon? It seems to me like one has the whole macro on the token and the other calls the Melek token library to do the work. Seems a bit redundant but I wasn't sure about it so I left it.

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

furluge wrote:So I've been using this framework for my campaign and if you don't mind I wanted to share some of the tweaks I've made to it in case it will save anyone else a little work.

Paulstrait 5e Framework - Furluge tweak v1

Code: Select all

Changelog

Added XP to character sheet
Maximum weight on character sheet set to Str*15 per default 5e rules
Added properties to characters and NPCs for maximum spellslots of each level
(MaxFirst, MaxSecond, etc.)
Long rest now changes current spell slots to match maximum spell slots. (No need to change long rest macro for spellcasters)
Character sheet now will show current and max spell slots for a token, the listing only displays if the token more has more than 1 first level spell available (MaxFirst > 0)
Added Edit Spells Slots macro to give a popup to edit spell slots
Added a "Generic Spellbook" that has spell macros that only expend spell slots for tokens for tracking purposes.
Added a more generic hero template token. "Hero Template Furluge".
Also, if I may ask, is there any functional difference between AddWeapon and NewWeapon? It seems to me like one has the whole macro on the token and the other calls the Melek token library to do the work. Seems a bit redundant but I wasn't sure about it so I left it.
Cool, I'll take a look and potentially incorporate some of this into the next update. I've updated a few minor things already here and there, but was waiting for a little more substantial changes before posting another update. The addweapon and newweapon are the same, but there might be some small differences as things like critical damage or whatever were tweaked. One of my players designed that macro and I wasn't totally sure if they were different so I left them both in. In the next update it will be one or the other.

What is the "Generic Spellbook" thing for exactly? We haven't had any trouble with using the character tokens themselves to track things. Just drag the spell macros to the token's macros and everything should track automatically...

furluge
Kobold

Post by furluge »

paulstrait wrote:
furluge wrote:What is the "Generic Spellbook" thing for exactly? We haven't had any trouble with using the character tokens themselves to track things. Just drag the spell macros to the token's macros and everything should track automatically...
It houses spell macros that don't have specific spell information included on them. There is a spell macro for every spell level, 1 through 9. Clicking on the button will expect one slot for that level and broadcast a message that the player has expended that spell slot. My group likes this as a simple alternative to use the framework for just tracking used spell slots.

djhaystack
Kobold

Post by djhaystack »

Can I get some help on how the Shape Change / Disguise macro works, please? I click it, a dialog box pops up prompting to "Change Token to Add to Disguise List" and the selected token is the only one available. How do I add tokens to use for a disguise / shape change?

Thanks!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

If it's the same as the original then you click the macro and it saves the current image to the token. You then close the macro and change the token image. You then click the disguise macro and it saves that image. Both images will be listed now in drop down. Rinse and repeat.

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

djhaystack wrote:Can I get some help on how the Shape Change / Disguise macro works, please? I click it, a dialog box pops up prompting to "Change Token to Add to Disguise List" and the selected token is the only one available. How do I add tokens to use for a disguise / shape change?

Thanks!
After you've run it once on a token, you can then change the token image like you normally would. Then, in subsequent uses of the macro, it will pull up every previous image that you've ever used on that token since the first time you ran the macro.

lhx
Kobold

Post by lhx »

Chaoticshmoo wrote:Thank you for this awesomeness however I'm having an issue when I try using random macros. The following error comes up when I have my stack size set at 31MB and my memory max at 20048MB and min memory and default.
<html>A stack overflow has occurred.<p>This is commonly because a macro being used has exceeded the stack space specified when MapTool was executed.<br>Please run MapTool again and specify a larger stack size.
I've tried it at the default settings and still get the error. I even get the error when I simply start up my server. Please help.
I'm able to load the campaign file, but no second instance can connect to a server, I get the same stack overflow error. Tried all sorts of various stack sizes. Any ideas?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Stack should only be 3 or 4. I recommend only having java 7. And if you have a 64-bit system you need to install java 7 64-bit manually.
Attachments
Java 7 64-bit MapTool settings.jpg
Java 7 64-bit MapTool settings.jpg (86.07 KiB) Viewed 2059 times

lhx
Kobold

Post by lhx »

That might be the problem. I'm on yosemite and I think I only have Java 8 installed.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

java 8 works for most things on MapTool, but you can't have both on your system with java 8 (last I checked). Just make sure you java system type (32 or 64bit) matches your system and that you only have 1 version of java on your system.

lhx
Kobold

Post by lhx »

Just booted up a VM to make sure only one java installed. Getting same error on b91. It's Java 7 on debian.

Edit: And after the stack overflow, it just sits with a darkened screen saying "loading campaign" for forever.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I'm not sure what kind of memory issues you'll run in to running a virtual machine. Perhaps drop the max mem down to 1024.

Return to “D&D 5e Frameworks”