Framework(s) for D&D 5e.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Jaxom
Kobold

Re: 5e D&D Framework

Post by Jaxom »

paulstrait wrote:
Jaxom wrote:
Cherno wrote:Found the solulution. The Change Health makro does indeed update the Health Bar... But there IS no Health bar in the campaign framework, the five bars are all named differently :) So I will just create my own Bar and name it Health, and it will work.
I'm trying to get the Health Bars to work as well... Where do I add / create this new bar called Health to the campaign Framework in order to get them to work properly?
I'm not sure I understand the problem. Health bars should be working fine -- what isn't working / what do you want them to do?
I wasn't using the "Change HP" button associated with the "Selected" token window, that's why it wasn't working. I was trying to use "Change HP" in the "Campaign" window.

Jaxom
Kobold

Post by Jaxom »

***Solved***
The lights were on the "Hidden layer", which is fine, but they were not set to "Visible by Players"

I have added consistent colors to lighting in Campaign Properties (I wanted a light color for Bright Light and darker color for Dim Light), I'll include my settings below.

I go to the Hidden layer and create a light source token and right click it and set it to Lantern or Torch etc. and the correct aura shows up based on the settings, but when I close the Framework and re-open it the color auras for the lighting disappear until I go to the hidden layer, select all the light sources, and move them for the auras to re-appear.

Is this normal or is this a setting in the software that needs to be changed?

Code: Select all

Personal
----
Flameskull - 15: square 32.5#00ff00
Torch - 20: square 22.5#f7f3e6 42.5#000000
Lamp - 15/30: square 17.5#f7f3e6 47.5#000000
Light spell - 20: square 42.5#ffff00
Torch (Ravenloft) - 10: square 12.5#f7f3e6 22.5#000000
Lantern, hood down - 5: square 2.5#f7f3e6 7.5#000000
Lantern, common - 30: square 32.5#f7f3e6 62.5#000000
Daylight spell - 120: square 122.5#f7f3e6 242.5#000000
Candle - 5: square 2.5#f7f3e6 7.5#000000
Lantern, bullseye - 60: cone arc=60 62.5#f7f3e6 122.5#000000
Lantern, bullseye (leaks light) - 60: cone arc=60 62.5#f7f3e6 122.5#000000 square 7.5#000000
Fire Beetle 10: square 22.5#f7f3e6

Netarious
Kobold

Post by Netarious »

First of all, thank-you so much for this framework. I'm trying to get my head around all the things in it but it's early days.

I've seen it mentioned earlier in the thread, but I want to show NPC health bars in the initiative tracker. Player health bars all work fine but for NPCs it's full green all the time. The statuses (like bloodied) all show up but not the health bar - not on the player view or the DM view.

Thanks for anyone's help in advance.

Netarious
Kobold

Post by Netarious »

OK I sorted it. The NPC "Change HP" macro references a bar called "Health" which doesn't exist. So I added a new NPC Health bar.

Alternatively you could rename the "FullHealth" health bar to "Health" and change the PC macro in the Melek token to reference "Health" rather than "FullHealth" (it's not so easy to do this for NPCs as they all have their own macro code rather than a common method).

snapshot
Kobold

Post by snapshot »

Thanks to the team who put this framework together. Since my group plays face-to-face, my players wanted me to turn off NPC rolls on the player chats, but it wasn't immediately obvious that this was built in to the framework.

I created a small macro that I use for NPC tokens so that I can selectively show output to players, or not. Generally, I want to hide stuff like the attack rolls, saves, ability checks, etc. This is a slight variation on earlier macros I've seen on the forums, so my thanks to the giants on whose shoulders I stand.

Copy the attached token into you campaign file (it's a zombie). You'll see a macro in the "Combat" and "General" groups called "GM Macros". Click the button, and it pops up a list of other macros in the group, select one, and click OK. It run the selected macro, captures the output, and displays it in the GM chat window only. I decided I didn't want this functionality everywhere, so that's why I made it operate off a macro group - if you want it on another group, just drag a copy down. By doing it on the group level, your selection list is small, and it's works quickly.

When you copy the macro to other tokens/groups, make sure "Allow Players to Edit Macro" is OFF on the macro edit Options tab.

When you test it on other NPC tokens, you'll probably see bits of output getting spat onto the player chats. That's because some of the standard macros aren't "well-behaved". For example, "Change HP" spits junk out to player chat unless you change the line "[hpChange = hpChange - TempHP]" to "[h: hpChange = hpChange - TempHP]". You'll often find macros that don't use a roll option when displaying macro output. Eg, "<b> blah blah blah [ConSave] blah blah blah...." This should be changed to "<b> blah blah blah [r: ConSave] blah blah blah..."

I found it was pretty easy to clean-up the main macros so nothing gets shown on the player windows. Of course, this "wrapper macro" could easily be changed to give you the option of who to send the output to, but that's not necessary for me.

I hope you may find this useful.
Attachments
gm_chat.mtmacro
(1013 Bytes) Downloaded 106 times
zombie.rptok
(193.41 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

JericM
Kobold

Post by JericM »

Sorry to necro this thread, but I am having issues setting up animated doors. Whenever I click my door objects, and run the BoT macro "Set Door", nothing happens. No dialogue or door setup happens. Anyone have a clue?

lindseynicole010
Kobold

Post by lindseynicole010 »

thanks

pcompaq
Kobold

Post by pcompaq »

Anybody still have those "Monster & NPC tokens"?
Seems like maptool is dead but I still would rather use it than any alternatives.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

quick question.. there is little detail on spell slots, but I think I missed if it tracks fully. Note, I am considering switching to 5E from a stagnant 4E campaign(have not played in 2.5 years.)

So, for example, if I cast a 3rd level spell using a 5th level slot, does it automatically adjust the targets resist DC and damage dice? Specifically(assuming i understand correctly), for spell effects that remain, the DC for saves is the original cast DC. Pretend I cast Stinking cloud, with a normal DC of 15 as a fort save. But if I cast that spell as a 5th level spell, it should have a DC of 17. Do you keep track of that spell in the framework on subsequent rounds and the DC as it was cast for the targets save each round?
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Sereptus
Giant

Post by Sereptus »

jfrazierjr wrote:quick question.. there is little detail on spell slots, but I think I missed if it tracks fully. Note, I am considering switching to 5E from a stagnant 4E campaign(have not played in 2.5 years.)

So, for example, if I cast a 3rd level spell using a 5th level slot, does it automatically adjust the targets resist DC and damage dice? Specifically(assuming i understand correctly), for spell effects that remain, the DC for saves is the original cast DC. Pretend I cast Stinking cloud, with a normal DC of 15 as a fort save. But if I cast that spell as a 5th level spell, it should have a DC of 17. Do you keep track of that spell in the framework on subsequent rounds and the DC as it was cast for the targets save each round?
It does change the DC when you cast the spell at a higher spell slot level and is included in the macro. The higher DC is reflected in the chat output (or should be, it has for me so far).

5E is awesome IMHO! :mrgreen:
OOOHH RegEx....YOU BITTER-SWEET BEAST!!!

Hazeyindahead
Kobold

Post by Hazeyindahead »

Just another user that signed up just to ask if/when the new FW would be completed as its been a godsend for running my game.

Thanksso much Paul!

Pancakeblast
Kobold

Post by Pancakeblast »

Looks like all the links in this thread are dead. While I am likewise interested in any new frameworks that might be developed, I would be grateful for the chance to try the framework as was linked on page 7 of this thread. Does anyone willing to upload them have the required files?

Hazeyindahead
Kobold

Post by Hazeyindahead »

Pancakeblast wrote:Looks like all the links in this thread are dead. While I am likewise interested in any new frameworks that might be developed, I would be grateful for the chance to try the framework as was linked on page 7 of this thread. Does anyone willing to upload them have the required files?

I would also like some assistance on how others have their maptool configured. I have 4gb memory and 4 or 8 stacksize but am consistently getting out of memory errors using this FW, for something as simple as dragging and dropping an image for a map.

I cant see anyone else complaining about the campaign file doing this, maybe its just me. My players arent experiencing issues like this either and its become a small point of conflict over what client to use.

I have the link for the campaign file here in case anyone still wanted it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/66uo5xdzm8uaz ... cmpgn?dl=0

Sereptus
Giant

Post by Sereptus »

Hazeyindahead wrote:
I would also like some assistance on how others have their maptool configured. I have 4gb memory and 4 or 8 stacksize but am consistently getting out of memory errors using this FW, for something as simple as dragging and dropping an image for a map.

I cant see anyone else complaining about the campaign file doing this, maybe its just me. My players arent experiencing issues like this either and its become a small point of conflict over what client to use.

I always use 2048, 64, and NEVER any larger than 4 for stack size.
Ideally you shouldn't be using drag and drop for maps (if that's what you meant), if your just dragging images onto a map and are getting java out of memory errors then someone smarter than me will answer. I'd head over to Oracle and manually download the 64 bit offline version of java, install it, uninstall maptools completely and reinstall it before doing anything else. Use 2048 for Maxmem, 64 for minmem, and 4 for stack size and see if that works.

Thanks for re-upping the campaign file too bud.
OOOHH RegEx....YOU BITTER-SWEET BEAST!!!

Hazeyindahead
Kobold

Post by Hazeyindahead »

Sereptus wrote:
Hazeyindahead wrote:

I always use 2048, 64, and NEVER any larger than 4 for stack size.
Ideally you shouldn't be using drag and drop for maps (if that's what you meant), if your just dragging images onto a map and are getting java out of memory errors then someone smarter than me will answer. I'd head over to Oracle and manually download the 64 bit offline version of java, install it, uninstall maptools completely and reinstall it before doing anything else. Use 2048 for Maxmem, 64 for minmem, and 4 for stack size and see if that works.

Thanks for re-upping the campaign file too bud.
NP!

When I use the attached campaign file with your settings and try to drag any token on the library and move it, I get a stack overflow error.

I then went and downloaded the java you recommended and reinstalled MT and tried again...

and it worked for a lot of functions, I still get overflow errors for group movement and the attack macros for the posted npcs/monsters that everyone says already works.. V_V;;;; though..

Thanks so much!

Return to “D&D 5e Frameworks”