Dragon

Re: 5e D&D Framework

Post by paulstrait »

You need to go to Edit, Preferences, and check "Use ToolTips for Inline Rolls."

Yozshand
Kobold

Post by Yozshand »

Thanks! I'm still unsure as to what a lot of the maptool stuff does, so that helps a great deal.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

@paulstrait: you need to replace the bot lib:ontokenmove and lib:eventmacros with the latest version. The version you have goes haywire. And when you do that upgrade I would also advice you to install the new tables that come with it.

direct links:
http://bit.ly/1PNV90p
http://bit.ly/1MezzLI

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

wolph42 wrote:@paulstrait: you need to replace the bot lib:ontokenmove and lib:eventmacros with the latest version. The version you have goes haywire. And when you do that upgrade I would also advice you to install the new tables that come with it.

direct links:
http://bit.ly/1PNV90p
http://bit.ly/1MezzLI
How recent are these? I have the most recent versions as of January 7, 2016. Ignore the file in the OP -- that's been out of date for a long time. The most recent version was posted very recently.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Iu've updated them today. However the issue I found was through the OP link, you might want to update that link as well then, cause that's the link most users among which me, will use.

edit: my bad, I only updated the lib:eventmacro not ontokenmove. (mixed up two projects). You can check if everything is in order by running:
1. diagnose
2. initialize maps
and see if that generates any errors. If not than you do not need to replace the eventmacros lib. (but you *do* need to update the link in the OP).

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

I'll check on it when I get home, but I haven't had any kind of problems with it. I'll update the OP soon, when we finish up a few of the features that we are working on, so that it is complete. The version posted here is just so that people eager and interested in testing it can take a look at where we are at.

mistamichal
Kobold

Post by mistamichal »

Thanks for this framework. I love it!

I'm having a problem when applying damage to NPCs. Whenever I use the 'Change HP' macro to damage a NPC, I get an "error in body or roll" message. Applying damage to PCs works fine. Whenever I heal the NPC, I get the flavour text as normal.
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (26.25 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
Any ideas on what's happening?

Cheers

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

mistamichal wrote:Thanks for this framework. I love it!

I'm having a problem when applying damage to NPCs. Whenever I use the 'Change HP' macro to damage a NPC, I get an "error in body or roll" message. Applying damage to PCs works fine. Whenever I heal the NPC, I get the flavour text as normal.
The attachment Capture1.JPG is no longer available
Any ideas on what's happening?

Cheers
Which Change HP macro are you trying to use on NPCs? NPCs and PCs work completely differently in this framework and none of the macros except for the initiative macros work on both. I've attached an example of an NPC token. Can you try the change HP macro that is on that token and see if it works for you?
Attachments
Adult Green Dragon.rptok
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 59 times

mistamichal
Kobold

Post by mistamichal »

That was it!

I WAS actually copying the macros from a PC token.

Thanks so much for the help. :D

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

The file of monster & NPC tokens in the original post is 100% compatible with the newer version of the framework.

Yozshand
Kobold

Post by Yozshand »

Hi Paulstrait

My players and I had our first session tonight and I must say, we all greatly appreciate the work that you have put into this. That was seriously awesome.

I do have a few questions though.
1: How do we add healing potions to characters without editing the sheet? Or is that just how it's done?
2: I'm running a PC for the time being and am having troubles using the PC macros. Everybody else can use them just fine, but my PC gets the following error whenever I attempt to use them:
Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): h       Statement Body : Flavor=json.get(macro.args,"Flavor")
Is there a way to fix this? I'm currently just using npc macros and modifying stuff as necessary, but it would be really nice to be able to use the built in macros if possible.

Other than that, this is awesome. Thanks so much for your work!

Jaxom
Kobold

Post by Jaxom »

Cherno wrote:Found the solulution. The Change Health makro does indeed update the Health Bar... But there IS no Health bar in the campaign framework, the five bars are all named differently :) So I will just create my own Bar and name it Health, and it will work.
I'm trying to get the Health Bars to work as well... Where do I add / create this new bar called Health to the campaign Framework in order to get them to work properly?

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

Yozshand wrote:Hi Paulstrait

My players and I had our first session tonight and I must say, we all greatly appreciate the work that you have put into this. That was seriously awesome.

I do have a few questions though.
1: How do we add healing potions to characters without editing the sheet? Or is that just how it's done?
Right now, the only way to do it is by editing the variable manually.
2: I'm running a PC for the time being and am having troubles using the PC macros. Everybody else can use them just fine, but my PC gets the following error whenever I attempt to use them:
Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): h       Statement Body : Flavor=json.get(macro.args,"Flavor")
Is there a way to fix this? I'm currently just using npc macros and modifying stuff as necessary, but it would be really nice to be able to use the built in macros if possible.
Hmm. Is the problem with a specific PC token, or is it with a specific player? That is, if other people try to run the same macros on that PC token, will it work? And can the player who is having problems successfully run macros on other PC tokens? Also, which macros in particular are they having trouble with? And did they edit the macros to insert flavor text?

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

Jaxom wrote:
Cherno wrote:Found the solulution. The Change Health makro does indeed update the Health Bar... But there IS no Health bar in the campaign framework, the five bars are all named differently :) So I will just create my own Bar and name it Health, and it will work.
I'm trying to get the Health Bars to work as well... Where do I add / create this new bar called Health to the campaign Framework in order to get them to work properly?
I'm not sure I understand the problem. Health bars should be working fine -- what isn't working / what do you want them to do?

IssLance
Kobold

Post by IssLance »

How can I set which animals druid token can wildshape into?

@Edit:
Also I'm having trouble with creating new monster tokens. I wanted to try my luck and create Tiamat for purposes of my campaign, I moved token from 5e library (march) and it seems like I can't edit 'attack' macros. You know, you press 'attack' macro, the window pop ups and there you can define which of predefined attack you want to use and create new ones if you need this. When I try to create new ones, they are not saving even though I'm ticking the box responsible for that.

Return to “D&D 5e Frameworks”