5e D&D Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 5e.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Damien Granz
Kobold

Re: 5e D&D Framework

Post by Damien Granz »

Does anybody still have the NPC tokens? Dropbox killed a lot of it's links and Paul seems to have moved on to greener pastures or something, and I'd really rather keep using Maptool as it does for free what you have to pay a sub for in Roll20 or pay a billion dollars for in Fantasy Grounds, and probably better. It's a shame that frameworks have arrested here.

Sereptus
Giant

Post by Sereptus »

Here's a link to the 5E Tokens that Paul originally posted here...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwvew5fkr5g5s ... ns.7z?dl=0
OOOHH RegEx....YOU BITTER-SWEET BEAST!!!

Damien Granz
Kobold

Post by Damien Granz »

Sereptus wrote:Here's a link to the 5E Tokens that Paul originally posted here...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwvew5fkr5g5s ... ns.7z?dl=0
Greatly appreciate the help, thanks for that. It's sad to see valuable resources online dry up and links die, so I'm glad to see they're still being circulated.

Sereptus
Giant

Post by Sereptus »

Damien Granz wrote:
Greatly appreciate the help, thanks for that. It's sad to see valuable resources online dry up and links die, so I'm glad to see they're still being circulated.
No problem bud . . . :mrgreen:

I also wrote a 5E statblock importer for PDF's, I'm not a good programmer but let me know if it works for ya.

You can find it here. . . http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 70#p265070
OOOHH RegEx....YOU BITTER-SWEET BEAST!!!

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

Hi guys, sorry for not updating things in a long time. I'm still around and playing a weekly game, just haven't been to the forums much since they aren't super active these days. But we've done a *ton* of stuff with the framework.

Here is my most recent collection of tokens: https://goo.gl/nyrFRK

Here is the most recent .cmpgn file of the framework: https://goo.gl/9gH7Sv

We have a few optional rules we've been using that should be easy enough to ignore or turn off. We are playing a Primeval Thule campaign so we are tracking Fame, Power, and Sanity. We also continue to use the system shock rules. There might be a few other things I'm not remembering right now.

There's a lot of stuff that you can do with this; If you are trying to do something and walk a walk through, please message me (PMing will make sure I see it -- for some reason I don't get notifications when people post to this thread anymore for some reason).

JericM
Kobold

Post by JericM »

paulstrait wrote:Hi guys, sorry for not updating things in a long time. I'm still around and playing a weekly game, just haven't been to the forums much since they aren't super active these days. But we've done a *ton* of stuff with the framework.

Here is my most recent collection of tokens: https://goo.gl/nyrFRK

Here is the most recent .cmpgn file of the framework: https://goo.gl/9gH7Sv

We have a few optional rules we've been using that should be easy enough to ignore or turn off. We are playing a Primeval Thule campaign so we are tracking Fame, Power, and Sanity. We also continue to use the system shock rules. There might be a few other things I'm not remembering right now.

There's a lot of stuff that you can do with this; If you are trying to do something and walk a walk through, please message me (PMing will make sure I see it -- for some reason I don't get notifications when people post to this thread anymore for some reason).
It seems you have version 1.4.3.19. Where would one find this version? Otherwise, the campaign file will not load on the recent version of Maptool.

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

It's here: http://maptool.nerps.net/ 1.4.3.19 is pretty awesome. Vision blocking attached to objects. Can extract images from PDFs. Integration with hero lab and syrinscape. Macro editor has syntax highlighting, allows you to have multiple macros open at once (and still chat while editing), and allows you to ctrl-z to undo. Among other things.

Damien Granz
Kobold

Post by Damien Granz »

It's good to see work still being done on this. I wish I could meaningfully contribute. I prefer Maptool so much to Roll20 (and, well the price can't be beat, have to say that). Fantasy Grounds is almost a joke (in my opinion, no salt to anybody that likes or uses it).

IssLance
Kobold

Post by IssLance »

Hey, any idea how to make it appear normal and not like a command? I know it was being said somewhere but I can't seem to find it now. Thanks.

http://imgur.com/a/i3jtB

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

IssLance wrote:Hey, any idea how to make it appear normal and not like a command? I know it was being said somewhere but I can't seem to find it now. Thanks.

http://imgur.com/a/i3jtB
Go to preferences and click the checkbox by 'Use ToolTips for inline rolls.'

taladan
Kobold

Post by taladan »

Hey, I'm trying to learn this campaign framework so I can hopefully use it. I'm trying to copy the NPC macros over to my NPC tokens (just used 'generic monster' and copied the 'add basic macros' and changed it over). I'm able to copy the macros over using that, however when I click on 'character sheet' it's just putting up a prompt that asks for the value for Inventory then gives me a JSON error. I'm probably doing something wrong here, and I'll be glad to totally chalk it up to user error/noobishness or whatever, but how do you guys get the NPC stuff to work on your NPC tokens without a lot of hassle?

Thanks!

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

taladan wrote:Hey, I'm trying to learn this campaign framework so I can hopefully use it. I'm trying to copy the NPC macros over to my NPC tokens (just used 'generic monster' and copied the 'add basic macros' and changed it over). I'm able to copy the macros over using that, however when I click on 'character sheet' it's just putting up a prompt that asks for the value for Inventory then gives me a JSON error. I'm probably doing something wrong here, and I'll be glad to totally chalk it up to user error/noobishness or whatever, but how do you guys get the NPC stuff to work on your NPC tokens without a lot of hassle?

Thanks!
The 'Add Basic Macros' macro is for PC & Beast tokens, not NPC tokens. When I make NPCs I start from the generic monster token. The NPC spellbook token has several examples of more complicated macros (recharging and limited use actions) that I sometimes will use, although not strictly necessary. What kind of macro/NPC are you trying to create?

taladan
Kobold

Post by taladan »

I changed the add basic macros section where it looked for 'Generic Hero' to 'Generic Monster' and it copies the macros over fine. The problem I'm having is, when I hit 'Character Sheet' it gives me a prompt that says 'Enter value for Inventory' that is a text entry prompt. I'm not sure why it's not working - even if I copy the macro 'Character Sheet' over manually, it does the same thing...even though it works when I click it on 'Generic Monster' token. There doesn't seem to be any apparent way to set up a token or a group of tokens at once and stat them out, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

taladan wrote:I changed the add basic macros section where it looked for 'Generic Hero' to 'Generic Monster' and it copies the macros over fine. The problem I'm having is, when I hit 'Character Sheet' it gives me a prompt that says 'Enter value for Inventory' that is a text entry prompt. I'm not sure why it's not working - even if I copy the macro 'Character Sheet' over manually, it does the same thing...even though it works when I click it on 'Generic Monster' token. There doesn't seem to be any apparent way to set up a token or a group of tokens at once and stat them out, or am I missing something?

Thanks!
NPCs and PCs have entirely different properties. There is no character sheet for PCs, only NPCs. I'm confused though -- did you start from the Generic Monster token? If so, you shouldn't have had to copy anything over, as it is already there. If you are having to copy those macros over, that is evidence that you aren't starting with a token that is set up to use those macros. PC-only macros are not designed to work properly with NPC tokens, and vice versa. If you are making an NPC that works like a PC (that is, with a class & level), use the Hero token; otherwise, use the generic monster token and stick to NPC macros. The only exception is beasts, which work like PCs because druids can 'acquire' the macros, features, and images of beast tokens they come across so that they can subsequently shapeshift.

If you want, I can set up a server and walk you through my process over discord some evening.

taladan
Kobold

Post by taladan »

maybe I'm not understanding how you're 'starting' with the generic monster token. I tried making a copy of it and modifying it, but...how about a list of steps you do? I'm actually in the middle of a TT game with my wife and kids, using some cobbled macros that I've come up with because I can't get the framework NPC stuff figured out. Once I figure out the framework I can switch up to the framework and it'll make my dm'ing life easier slightly.

Return to “D&D 5e Frameworks”