How to save and reload Sight of PC?

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
tiberius.crol
Kobold

How to save and reload Sight of PC?

Post by tiberius.crol »

When we saved a campaign in maptool (v1.4), I can see the sight of every PC when I reload the campaign (Fog of War etc.).
Due to this I think, that maptool remembers which rooms the Player have seen before.

My Problem:
When I started the Server again and my players connected, all sights seems to be deleted and they can see nothing (Fog of war seems to be reseted).

My question:
Did I a mistake respectively is there a setting to remember the sight of my Players or can't maptool remeber this after reloading a campaign?

Thanks for your help.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: How to save and reload Sight of PC?

Post by Jagged »

Maptool does remember player sight / FOW. I suspect you may have accidentally changed the server launch parameters, that can cause some FOW to be lost.

Did this myself the other week :/

Lost in Khyber
Kobold

Post by Lost in Khyber »

Jagged wrote:Maptool does remember player sight / FOW. I suspect you may have accidentally changed the server launch parameters, that can cause some FOW to be lost.

Did this myself the other week :/
Thanks a lot. This did help us to solve the problem. After the activation of "Restricted Player Impersonation" in the Server-Menue, the sight of the Players has been saved.

The description of this function (Restricted Player Impersonation) is, however, a bit irritating in matters of FOW settings. So this would be the last thing I've though if it.
speaks german and moderate english

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

It won't be selecting the "Restricted Player Impersonation" function that has restored vision, it will be returning to the same settings you used previously.

Lost in Khyber
Kobold

Post by Lost in Khyber »

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, without the other FOW Options there was no way to get the old playerview back. We got a stable result after using all of the options from the server-start-muenue (without the 'Use Tool Tips for [] Rolls' and the 'Use Individuall FOW'). But mostly we need to start the server first, then load the map. And without the 'Restricted Player Impersonation' there was no chance to restore the old view from the players former exploration.

So we are thankfull that it works now.
speaks german and moderate english

Return to “MapTool 1.4”