FEATURE: Movement restrictors

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
wolph42
Winter Wolph

FEATURE: Movement restrictors

Post by wolph42 »

(This is a feature post, discussion about the functionality of this feature (and this featue alone) can be done here.)

Movement restrictors and configures - lock tokens at global or selectable level. Center map on a token while it moves.

there are several functions already in mt that more or less support this (e.g. in initiative). It would however be nice to have 2 UI's that handles all
a. global UI where you have options (either checkbox or radio):
o lock all tokens for players
o lock all tokens for everyone
o only owners and gm can move token (its a server setting I know)

o centre view on moved token on client who moved it
o centre view on moved token on ALL clients
o lock all client views to this client (gm)

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: FEATURE: Movement restrictors

Post by Jagged »

One thing I would like to see considered are things that can aid, Play-By-Mail type games. By which I mean games where the players and GM are active a different times.

I should say up-front that I have never run such a game in Maptool, although I have thought about it and wonder if perhaps some small additions to existing functionality might make this type of game more feasible. Perhaps the option to require a player to submit a move and a GM to confirm it?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: FEATURE: Movement restrictors

Post by aliasmask »

Perhaps add the ability to apply movement adders and multipliers as another option. Also, for something like stairs perhaps include a directional terrain option. It would use facing but since this would likely be a drawn asset the facing would not rotate the object. Or if it did, have a hot key to switch to directional terrain.

Return to “MapTool 1.4”