Expose -> Only Currently visible broken in 1.4?

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
monsen
Kobold

Expose -> Only Currently visible broken in 1.4?

Post by monsen »

I just upgraded to 1.4.0.0 and discovered that the Expose -> only currently visible doesn't seem to be working anymore, when I right click a player token and select this menu item, absolutely nothing happens. In 1.3b91 (and earlier), this would restore fog of war to the entire map as expected, but in the most recent version, absolute nothing happens at all, all previously exposed area is still exposed, even if it is not within the view of a player token.

I tested this out both by loading my campaign file from 1.3b91, and by creating a brand new campaign in case there were compatibility issues with old data files, but the result remain the same.

Is this a (known) bug, or is there a new setting or something somewhere that I need to set in the new version? Hopefully, this is an easy fix, because I rely on this feature quite a lot when presenting maps to my players.

goldensword52
Cave Troll

Re: Expose -> Only Currently visible broken in 1.4?

Post by goldensword52 »

I've been having the exact same issue. I can confirm that pressing Ctrl + Shift + O also doesn't do anything. I hope this issue can be solved soon.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yep, it's a bug.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

I experienced this for the first time, with my last session. A bit of the map got accidentally exposed, but when I tried to restore the Fog, I could not. Not with Ctrl+Shift+O or using the Fog tool.

In the end I exported and re-imported the map to reset it. :(

Does anyone know where the bug resides?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Jagged wrote:Does anyone know where the bug resides?
Don't know... but take a look at this thread for a little more info on a related issue:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26331
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “MapTool 1.4”