FEATURE: Option to swap mouse buttons

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
wolph42
Winter Wolph

FEATURE: Option to swap mouse buttons

Post by wolph42 »

Subject might be a bit challenging to interpret correctly, but what I mean with it is that it would be nice (especially from the 'agnostic' PoV) to have a setting/option to swap the mouse buttons for map interaction. So left moves map and right selects/moves tokens and the other way round.

EDIT: apparently I misunderstood: Default Mouse Button (which usually selects tokens) should move map UNLESS you first click on a token, then it moves the token instead.

And I have my thoughts about this so lets start a discussion about this.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: FEATURE: Option to swap mouse buttons

Post by Jagged »

This would probably want to be part of a "User Interface Configuration" update. So that we had a system capable of applying different UI configurations, based upon user choice or device. That way you might be able to select a different configuration if you were using a touch screen, tablet or phone etc.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Reply to my edit feature:

Doing that can be really messy if you work over layers. Its a great option to have during gameplay but not during map editing. So its an interesting feature but requires thought to implement.

In that sense, does MOTE have it quite nicely thought out, they have different modi for different uses, e.g. map design, macro writing and game play.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

And Mote has this feature as well (I know, I requested it early on due to using a Surface Pro tablet).

Mainly it just toggles the map drag event vs selection event. eg Left button moves map, right button draws selection box (or for touch screen, long press).

Adding in some standard touch features would be nice (three finger zoom, swiping, etc).
-Jamz

Return to “MapTool 1.4”