Lack of Updates....

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
koleblack
Kobold

Lack of Updates....

Post by koleblack »

It has been months since there has been any updates on the next release of maptools. Could someone share an update and when we might see the next release? I am about ready to give up on 1.4 because the FoW bugs are driving me crazy.
Thanks

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: Lack of Updates....

Post by Jagged »

Not the best way to get a response. This is a free project where everyone devotes the time they can, for the love of gaming. You've made three posts, none of which mention any problems. How about you help your fellow community members by documenting your issues? There might be a work around and if not, then at least you've helped identify a bug.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

There's only one FOW bug that I know of that came with 1.4 (I agree that it is annoying) and that's the ctrl-shift-o does not work.

I did notice other weirdness the other day. I was unable to draw FOW to reveal or block until I selected a token. Then it worked fine. Seems like another bug. It was during a game so I haven't really fully tested it.

koleblack
Kobold

Post by koleblack »

I didn't intend on upsetting any one, I was just simply stating that I was curious if there were any updates. As far as the bug that I mentioned, I didn't post anything more because several others had posted all the details that I have.

So let me just ask what the intent of my first message that was not intended to upset you:

Are there any updates that can be shared about the next possible release? We had updates every few weeks, then it went cold for months and I was just hoping to hear some good news :)

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:I was unable to draw FOW to reveal or block until I selected a token. Then it worked fine.
I think it's all related in that there is an issue with FoW being treated like individual FoG with regard to needing to select tokens to get expected behaviour, etc. I went into more specifics regarding this in another thread... but I don't actually think an "official" bug report on this thing has been done by anyone... mainly just various work-arounds have been discussed in several threads.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

koleblack wrote:As far as the bug that I mentioned, I didn't post anything more because several others had posted all the details that I have.
More details are always good. If other users are documenting problems you are having, I would recommend commenting in those treads. As far as I know, no FOW bug (beyond the UI one mentioned by aliasmask) has been identified. So if there is a problem, and there may well be, we need more details and we need to know how common it is.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Jagged wrote:As far as I know, no FOW bug (beyond the UI one mentioned by aliasmask) has been identified. So if there is a problem, and there may well be, we need more details and we need to know how common it is.
It's not just a "UI" problem. There is some wonky stuff going on.

Take at look at this thread... in particular, the observations I make in the 2nd response.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Rulyon
Kobold

Post by Rulyon »

That solution just helped me as well, over a month later. I love forums! :)

Return to “MapTool 1.4”