[BUG] Fog of War Issues

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: [BUG] Fog of War Issues

Post by Full Bleed »

Jagged wrote:
Full Bleed wrote: And if we're changing it so that no selection means exposure for all it further trivializes the notion of a "global/shared" FoW along side Individual Fog.
Not really, its all a question about how the user interface works. Do you really want to have to select all the tokens when you expose fog when using individual FOW?
I must not be making myself clear here.

If you clear Global FoW (when using IFoW) and a token comes up to it, is it actually clear for them? Does the state of the Global FoW trump a token's IFoW?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Full Bleed wrote: If you clear Global FoW (when using IFoW) and a token comes up to it, is it actually clear for them? Does the state of the Global FoW trump a token's IFoW?
What is stored is actually the exposed area, so "fog" is a bad term. What the token can see is the sum of global FoW and their Individual FoW

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Just to clear up some terms to. Think of the base MapTool frame as a token. It has it's FoW and I'm referring to it as Global FoW. Each token can also store it's own FoW history and we can call that Token FoW.
-Jamz

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

But all that is stored in the Zone. Its referenced against the token GUID, but its stored in the Zone data.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Jagged wrote:But all that is stored in the Zone. Its referenced against the token GUID, but its stored in the Zone data.
Correct, logically speaking and for the masses here, It's easier to think of it stored on the "Token". That's all I was getting at.
-Jamz

Return to “MapTool 1.4”