Resource folder not showing all tokens

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
taustinoc
Dragon

Resource folder not showing all tokens

Post by taustinoc »

I've got a folder set up with tokens that have all the properties entered (.rptok files). When I look at in in in the resource library window, it only shows the first 15, no matter how many there are. If I look at a folder with .png files, it shows all of them.

I am confused.

Darcphaze
Cave Troll

Re: Resource folder not showing all tokens

Post by Darcphaze »

I had this happen to me after a crash and couldn't figure it out how to fix it, but this is how I finally got it fixed. I erased the mt.cfg, redid it with the launcher and pumped up the memory (thinking maybe it was low on memory. This didn't fix it the first time when I just changed from default settings and didn't touch the mt.cfg file). For whatever reason, that did the trick. Maybe the crash glitched it.
No matter what a GM plans for, the players are certain to find another way to do it

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

Now that I check it on a different computer, it does seem to be specific to the home system. I'll poke at it tonight. Thanks.

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

Deleting mt.cfg didn't help. Renaming %Username%\.maptool and forcing it to be recreated, however, fixed it right up.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

taustinoc wrote:Deleting mt.cfg didn't help. Renaming %Username%\.maptool and forcing it to be recreated, however, fixed it right up.
so indeed your cache.

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

wolph42 wrote:
taustinoc wrote:Deleting mt.cfg didn't help. Renaming %Username%\.maptool and forcing it to be recreated, however, fixed it right up.
so indeed your cache.
I defer to your superior knowledge of the correct terminology, but apparently so, yeah. It would appear that is all temp files, as nothing else changed. (I presume stuff was a tad slower the first time for each file as it was copied over, but nothing disappeared or changed.)

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

taustinoc wrote:I defer to your superior knowledge of the correct terminology, but apparently so, yeah. It would appear that is all temp files, as nothing else changed. (I presume stuff was a tad slower the first time for each file as it was copied over, but nothing disappeared or changed.)
In your maptools data directory there is a subdirectory called "assetcache". If you have the problem again in the future, you could just delete the contents of that directory.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

Noted. Thanks.

Return to “MapTool 1.4”