Launcher and Memory Issue (Maptool 1.4.0.4)

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
evawin
Kobold

Launcher and Memory Issue (Maptool 1.4.0.4)

Post by evawin »

I've been primarily exporting the maps created via maptools as png's to use for my campaign on roll20, but I've seen that you can produce high quality maps by exporting the entire map instead of just using the screenshot current view. I tried using some of the fixes from the forum (adjusting the pixel resolution, mainly) to no avail. So, I tried adjusting the amount of memory used by the program from the launcher.

And it's a program launcher feature, as far as I know, that isn't working. Or at the very least, it's not behaving, since whenever I try making adjustments and start from the launcher, I get this:

The following errors occurred while reading the configuration file:
mf.cfg: MapTool data directory does not exist and will be created at first launch (MAPTOOL_DATADIR):C:Users/.../maptool

Now I've just ignored it before since I could export an image like I mentioned above, but as I expand the scope of the maps, I need that quality or else it's all compressed to pixeled hell. I'm 0% literate in java, so please show mercy (still not sure what a BAT is).

Tl;dr launcher and memory issue; halp~.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Launcher and Memory Issue (Maptool 1.4.0.4)

Post by wolph42 »

get the last version of this:
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26736
should have solved the issue.

If you REALLY want to be sure (or if it still does not work after you've installed that)
deinstall java (check whether everything java related is actually gone)
remove ALL maptool directories
download java 64 (!!! default==big download button==x86 version==memory issues)
reinstall mt version from above link.

evawin
Kobold

Post by evawin »

Followed the above steps; mostly good results. For starters, the high-res copy of the map is beautiful.

Sadly, for whatever reason, the launcher still doesn't want to play nice. On the one hand, it's not a biggie since the map copy is what I wanted, but yeah:

The following errors occurred while reading the configuration file:
launch.properties: MapTool.jar not found (EXECUTALBE):F:\...\Maptools\MapTool-1.4.1.6-fat.jar

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Since you are on the dev version, via Start Menu, Map Tool, uninstall. Then install 1.4.1.7. Should clear up any launch properties issues.
-Jamz

Return to “MapTool 1.4”