1.4.0.4 Connectivity Issues

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
DSMatticus
Kobold

1.4.0.4 Connectivity Issues

Post by DSMatticus »

When I host, no one (LAN or remote) can connect to me. They just time out. I can connect to others, and - annoyingly - people can connect to different hosts on the same router.

My ports are forwarded. I've tried DMZ'ing my computer in the router. I didn't really expect that to do anything since it's clearly my computer and not the router, but I'm pretty sure at least half of all network problems are solved by things no one actually expected to work. This was not one of those times. I've turned off windows firewall, and that's the only firewall that was running on my system. That also did not work. There's no antivirus running on my system. CanYouSeeMe can, in fact, see me.

I am totally stumped. What else could be going on in my computer to block maptools?

I'm running windows 7, maptools 1.4.0.4, and a fresh install of the latest version of java 8 (64-bit).

taustinoc
Dragon

Re: 1.4.0.4 Connectivity Issues

Post by taustinoc »

The first time you run a Java install, it will come up with a security windows asking if you want to allow Java to access the internet. If you're not sure you said yes, the easiest fix is to completely uninstall Java, reboot, and reinstall it, and keep a sharp eye out for that prompt.

Return to “MapTool 1.4”