Select Map Menu

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: Select Map Menu

Post by JamzTheMan »

Laithoron wrote:Jagged: I tried doing a forum search for startup parameters, multiple displays, etc. with JamzTheMan as the author, but I can't find any documentation. (As my post history might indicate, I don't come here often.) You wouldn't happen to have a link to where I could find that info, would you?
Looks like it missed the release notes but for 1.4.1.x you can pass the following parameters (usually for advance users who know how). Single letter or word can be used:

-m=x or -monitor=x (x being monitor 0-n to start MapTool on)
-f or -fullscreen (set MapTool Window to fullscreen, as in maximized, not MapTool's Fullscreen funtionality)
-w or -width=x (set MapTool's window width size)
-h or -height=x (set MapTool's window height size)
-x or -xpos=x (set MapTool's window's x position on the monitor)
-y or -ypos=x (set MapTool's window's y position on the monitor)
-Jamz

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Stack overflow errors?!? That means that your stack is set too low, or your maxmem too high. What are your memory settings?
I've ecently simplified the BoT so the installation should be a breeze. Just drag and drop.

Laithoron
Kobold

Post by Laithoron »

Alright, remoted into my PC at home to check some of this. Since none of the launcher files seem to do anything, I made my settings changes in both the shortcut and mt.cfg, but I'm still getting stack overflow errors, even when I download the Live version. This leads me to wonder if MT is simply ignoring the RAM settings I specified.

MT.CFG:

Code: Select all

MAPTOOL_DIRECTORY=.RELATIVE_PATHS=true
MAXMEM=1024*
MINMEM=256
STACKSIZE=16*
* Also tried 4096 with same results
**Also tried 64 with same results

Shortcut Target:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MapTool\maptool-1.4.0.5.jar" -Xmx4096M -Xss64M

Gather Debugging Info:

==== MapTool Information ====
MapTool Version: 1.4.0.5
MapTool Home...: C:\Users\micha\.maptool
Max mem avail..: 3,628M
Max mem used...: 1,040M

==== Java Information ====
Java Vendor.: Oracle Corporation
Java Home...: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_91
Java Version: 1.8.0_91
Result of executing 'java -version':
............: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14)
............: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)

==== OS Information ====
OS Name........: Windows 10
OS Version.....: 10.0
OS Architecture: amd64
PATH...........: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_91\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.6;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;.
Number of Procs: 8

==== User Information ====
User Name: micha
User Home: C:\Users\micha
User Dir.: C:\Program Files (x86)\MapTool

==== Network Interfaces ====
Display Name..: Software Loopback Interface 1
Interface Name: lo
Address...: 127.0.0.1
Address...: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1

Display Name..: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
Interface Name: eth1
Address...: 192.168.17.4
Address...: fe80:0:0:0:d95a:19f:bc20:3d66%eth1

Display Name..: Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Interface Name: net4
Address...: 2001:0:5ef5:79fb:3096:9af:b8b4:e236
Address...: fe80:0:0:0:3096:9af:b8b4:e236%net4

Host Address...: 192.168.17.4
Default Gateway: 192.168.17.1

==== Locale Information ====
Country.: United States
Language: English
Locale..: English (United States)
Variant.: 

==== Display Information ====
Number of Displays: 1
Display 1: 1722x1017(32)

==== Internet Gateway Devices ====
	No IGDs Found!
EDIT: While the launcher will not actually launch MapTool, it does show the same values that I entered into mt.cfg. Presumably that means MT itself is reading those same values?

Laithoron
Kobold

Post by Laithoron »

*sigh*

It occurred to me after reading Jamz's post (and finishing my morning coffee) that they were mentioning options found only in the development version and not the release. Being as most of your names seem to appear on the Help\About menu in MT, it finally dawned on me that maybe the issue is that I'm running a different version from you.

Long story short, I just DL'd and installed 1.4.1.6 and the settings menu for BoT from the Live version now works properly. Additionally the launcher now actually does something as well. I'll try installing it again in my own campaign later on today when I'm not at work. We just had a power failure here.

Thanks all.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Laithoron wrote: Thanks all.
Not a problem. You will be pleased to know we are trying very hard to make this whole install process a lot easier :D

Laithoron
Kobold

Post by Laithoron »

Wolph: Per your recommendation, I've adjusted the stack size to 4. Unfortunately, It seems I'm only able to create doors if I download your map. When I install the BoT myself and try adding a door (which I can do just fine in your map), nothing happens. Note that your Switch Map button does work though.

In case it helps for purposes of clarifying the installation instructions (or even just telling me what I'm doing wrong) here are the exact steps I'm taking, and (where relevant) the results I see...
  1. Started MT 1.4.1.6 and did not load a campaign (i.e. used a New Campaign)
  2. Dragged "LibEventMacros.rptok" v40 onto the Token Layer in Grasslands
  3. Dragged "Wolph42 - Bag of Tricks.rptop" v40 onto Token Layer in Grasslands
  4. Saved as "Test"
  5. Reopened campaign "Test"
  6. Behind the Welcome dialog, in the Chat box I can see the following:

Bag of Tricks - OnCampaignLoad checks

v Current online GM's are: micha
      v This campaign runs in Maptool version 1.4.1.6
      v This campaign if powered by version 40b of the Bag of Tricks (check for updates)
      v This Maptool version supports automatic vision blocking manipulation, this functionality will be enabled
    Error running onCampaignLoad on lib:OnTokenMove : Can not find map "BASE" in function "setCurrentMap".
  7. In the Welcome box, I click "Continue to choose features to install"
  8. Left all boxes checked on features dialog, did not change any settings on the next screen
  9. Contrary to the installation instructions, I don't see an overview in Chat of what extra tokens are needed beyond this 'Lite Setup'.
  10. Selected Token Move token
  11. Dragged Bag of Tricks Macros, Settings, BoT Features, Set Door, Activate Switches, and Switch Map buttons from Selection to Campaign
  12. Switched to Object layer
  13. Added one of Torstan's doors like in your tutorial
  14. Clicked Set Door
  15. Chat outputs the following:

Unknown state "Locked".
  16. The door dialog that opens when I do the same in the Live map never appears in my Test campaign

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Thank you for your elaborate description and apologies for this late reply. It completely got passed me. It appears that I missed a step in the installation instructions, which is weird as I tested this. Anyway you need to run the BoT settings and make sure that the 'base' map is set to the map where lib:ontokenmove resides.
Next to that you need to create a state: 'Locked'. This can be done in the campaign properties (in the menu) -->states. You can use the image state.locked.png in the zip as picture for the 'locked' state. However you can use any pic you like, as long as the state exists.

edit: yup, just tested it and my instructions were not enough. I've updated the pop up screen of the 'feature install' with further instructions. But overall 'setup' will run automatically, then click ok, then save and reload AGAIN.

Return to “MapTool 1.4”