Turn on player Grid view, enforce grid.

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
chrobry
Cave Troll

Turn on player Grid view, enforce grid.

Post by chrobry »

Hello

I am using Maptools in my tabletop game. It displays on a TV with players being able to move their figures on a map. To do this I have my Laptop and another machine plugged directly to the TV. The laptop is the DM that runs the server while desktop is my connected PC.

For most part this system works great. However I do have one issue.

Is there anyway from the DM side to turn on and off grid on the player (i.e. Desktop) Machine? Also is there anyway for me to remotely scale the grid?

Thanks!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Turn on player Grid view, enforce grid.

Post by aliasmask »

Those kind of controls are left up to the client, so not within MapTool. Now I believe there are some apps that allow you to share a mouse between computers which could do the trick. VNC is another option which is like a remote desktop sharing program.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

There is nothing to let you remotely turn on or off the grid, but you have a couple of zoom options.

You can use the GM view toggle (I forget what it's called) that locks client cameras to show the same as yours. Or you could use the setViewArea function to point client cameras at a selected area of the screen and scales accordingly

chrobry
Cave Troll

Post by chrobry »

Drat, ohh well.
Thank you!

Return to “MapTool 1.4”