[1.4.0.5] Token Bug

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
Dems
Kobold

[1.4.0.5] Token Bug

Post by Dems »

I use a mac (if that matters). Just downloaded the most recent version; was using 1.4.0.0 before and I never had this problem.

When I place a token on the map, it gives me the expected popup window where you name the token, set whether or not it's a pc/npc, etc. Unfortunately, I cannot click anything in the program once the window pops up. The program is not "frozen," simply nothing responds to any sort of command. I have to click into a different application and then force quit. This glitch happens with every token, every time.

Has anybody else experienced this? Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks,
Will

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [1.4.0.5] Token Bug

Post by aliasmask »

I have not see this behavior and I'm not familiar enough with Mac to say what to do. But, there is a setting under preferences that says "Show Dialog for new token" or something like that. You can turn that off. See if that fixes the problem and then turn it back on to see if the problem comes back.

Are you using the launcher to start MT or clicking the MapTool jar? What are your memory settings in the launcher? Have you tried removing and then reinstalling?

Dems
Kobold

Post by Dems »

aliasmask wrote:I have not see this behavior and I'm not familiar enough with Mac to say what to do. But, there is a setting under preferences that says "Show Dialog for new token" or something like that. You can turn that off. See if that fixes the problem and then turn it back on to see if the problem comes back.

Are you using the launcher to start MT or clicking the MapTool jar? What are your memory settings in the launcher? Have you tried removing and then reinstalling?
It worked! Thanks! I frankly don't need that startup dialog to work, but I will answer your other questions anyways in case someone else has a similar problem, or it can help somehow.

The download no longer installs a DMG like before with different launch options. It installs a zip and simply unarchives the application. There is no "launcher settings" panel, it just opens up a new campaign when I launch. In order to access settings such as stack size, I need to use xCode to edit the "info.plist" file in the package contents. This works fine, so I have no complaints despite it's "weirdness."

Thanks again for the quick help.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Dems wrote:I use a mac (if that matters). Just downloaded the most recent version; was using 1.4.0.0 before and I never had this problem.

When I place a token on the map, it gives me the expected popup window where you name the token, set whether or not it's a pc/npc, etc. Unfortunately, I cannot click anything in the program once the window pops up. The program is not "frozen," simply nothing responds to any sort of command. I have to click into a different application and then force quit. This glitch happens with every token, every time.

Has anybody else experienced this? Does anyone have a fix?
I would suggest that you delete your maptool data directory (not sure where that is on a Mac) and reinstall Maptool.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I'm running the current development build on my MacBook Pro and don't see this issue. When I turn on the option to popup the "New Token" dialog, it does indeed display, but I can interact with the dialog and the hit OK and I have no problem interacting with MT after that -- creating another token, running slash commands in the chat window, and so on.

(Latest development is 1.4.1.7.)

If you can recreate this in 1.4.1.6 (I think that's the latest Craig has available for download), I'd appreciate hearing about it. I'm going through the GitHub issue tracker and cleaning stuff up. (Or trying to. :))

Return to “MapTool 1.4”