1.4.1.7 features and bugs

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: 1.4.1.7 features and bugs

Post by wolph42 »

that gives me an idea for Dungeon Builder IV: local generated dungeon. Only create dungeon around the token upto its vision distance (which thus should be limited) and create and remove as the token moves. This would result in an ultimate random dungeon :D pretty screwy.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

So, unless I have a bunch of straight lines the vbl generator isn't the best option. I was pressed for time, so it was a lifesaver this time around (even with the time lag).

I know this would require some calculus, but it would be possible to find the center of an area and then draw 2 lines intersecting. The first line would be the longest diameter passing though the center and other would be perpendicular or the longest line within x degrees of the perpendicular. That would be a badass algorithm. Or perhaps just the longest 4 lines from the center in each quad.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

aliasmask wrote:So, unless I have a bunch of straight lines the vbl generator isn't the best option. I was pressed for time, so it was a lifesaver this time around (even with the time lag).

I know this would require some calculus, but it would be possible to find the center of an area and then draw 2 lines intersecting. The first line would be the longest diameter passing though the center and other would be perpendicular or the longest line within x degrees of the perpendicular. That would be a badass algorithm. Or perhaps just the longest 4 lines from the center in each quad.
It depends. Like I said, it handled one map pretty good which was pretty complicated vbl. But of course, the straighter the lines the better. I can probably tweak the algorithm later but so far for objects its worked ok.
-Jamz

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

FYI, I made a video for VBL Doors using this tool.

https://youtu.be/XNaWERrQbgk

I mentioned before the image was off from the VBL, but the VBL seems correct. Well, the VBL is off by 1 pixel in the up direction. The image alignment seems to have been corrected. This wouldn't be an issue in most cases, but for the doors drawn on the bottom edge it allows players to see through that 1 pixel.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Well, most doors don't have a tight seal, right? It's so you can see the light leak through. W.A.D. :mrgreen:

We have a GM that always manually drew his VBL without snap-to-grid and never checked it, so we always got little peaks here and there, or he left a 1 or 2 pixel block somewhere that I called "Stripper Poles".

But ya, I'll take a look...
-Jamz

bocotainin
Kobold

Post by bocotainin »

Just checking but is there a headless server option in the build yet?

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

nope.
-Jamz

Return to “MapTool 1.4”