RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:53 pm 




Forum rules


Posting now open to all registered forum users.



Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

  Print view

Author Message
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:04 pm
Posts: 4
 Post subject: Memory issue??
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:54 pm 
Hello, I have just begun to use Maptool but am having a problem where maptool copies itself over and over(attached file). This sometimes happens immediately and sometime after a couple hours.
I have tried to set min/max memory all the way up to 8000M and multiple stack sizes.
Currently tried 8000m max and stack size 4
Im running maptool 1.4.0.5 and Java 1.8.0_111
Ive tried looking the problem up but none of my fixes seems to work. I made a bat with:

set STACK=4M
set MAXMEM=8000M
set JAVA=javaw
set VERS=1.4.0.5

start "MapTool" %JAVA% -Xmx%MAXMEM% -Xss%STACK% -jar maptool-%VERS%.jar run

but this doesnt seem to work either
please help


Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 275.71 KiB | Viewed 422 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Deity
 
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:11 pm
Posts: 7887
Location: Bay Area
 Post subject: Re: Memory issue??
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:00 pm 
I'd recommend 2048 for maxmem. You're problem is probably related to video drivers. You can try checking the Disable Direct3D Pipeline in the launcher under troubleshooting and if that doesn't work, uncheck it then check the Enable OpenGL Pipeline and see if either of those solves your problem. Also, make sure you have the latest 64bit version of java installed (It's a manually download from a zip file). Uninstalling java, restarting the computer and installing the new version usually works best.

_________________
Downloads:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:04 pm
Posts: 4
 Post subject: Re: Memory issue??
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:13 pm 
aliasmask wrote:
I'd recommend 2048 for maxmem. You're problem is probably related to video drivers. You can try checking the Disable Direct3D Pipeline in the launcher under troubleshooting and if that doesn't work, uncheck it then check the Enable OpenGL Pipeline and see if either of those solves your problem. Also, make sure you have the latest 64bit version of java installed (It's a manually download from a zip file). Uninstalling java, restarting the computer and installing the new version usually works best.


Sorry, but i have no idea where to make these changes, complete rookie here. The troubleshooting tab of the launcher only has options for selecting the logging detail.
Also, I already made sure to install the 64bit java as that was on of my attempted fixes.
thank you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:04 pm
Posts: 4
 Post subject: Re: Memory issue??
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:26 pm 
Update
so i inserted this:

-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

into my bat file so ill see if this works out
thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Deity
 
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:11 pm
Posts: 7887
Location: Bay Area
 Post subject: Re: Memory issue??
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:33 pm 
Krysis wrote:
Update
so i inserted this:

-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

into my bat file so ill see if this works out
thanks

When running the MapTool launcher, checking that first box I mention is what this does. The launcher is much nicer than running a batch file.

_________________
Downloads:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:04 pm
Posts: 4
 Post subject: Re: Memory issue??
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:26 am 
aliasmask wrote:
Krysis wrote:
Update
so i inserted this:

-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

into my bat file so ill see if this works out
thanks

When running the MapTool launcher, checking that first box I mention is what this does. The launcher is much nicer than running a batch file.


I still dont see the option in the launcher, maybe I have an old one or something. Still only see options for logging detail under troubleshooting.
But anyway, the batch file fix seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for the help!


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Deity
 
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:11 pm
Posts: 7887
Location: Bay Area
 Post subject: Re: Memory issue??
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:07 am 
Ah, I think you're correct. I'm using 1.4.1.7 which is a dev version. I thought that directX fix was an option from before. The dev version is available to everyone as well. I haven't had any real issues with it and it seem really stable. We've been gaming with it for the last 2 months.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26736

_________________
Downloads:


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Deity
 
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:40 am
Posts: 9413
Location: Netherlands
 Post subject: Re: Memory issue??
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:15 am 
Krysis wrote:
aliasmask wrote:
I'd recommend 2048 for maxmem. You're problem is probably related to video drivers. You can try checking the Disable Direct3D Pipeline in the launcher under troubleshooting and if that doesn't work, uncheck it then check the Enable OpenGL Pipeline and see if either of those solves your problem. Also, make sure you have the latest 64bit version of java installed (It's a manually download from a zip file). Uninstalling java, restarting the computer and installing the new version usually works best.


Sorry, but i have no idea where to make these changes, complete rookie here. The troubleshooting tab of the launcher only has options for selecting the logging detail.
Also, I already made sure to install the 64bit java as that was on of my attempted fixes.
thank you


when you start Maptool usintg the launcherxxx.jar you get a small menu. On the advanced tab of that menu, you can set or unset those options. Let us know whether this is clear enough.

_________________
GETTING STARTED WITH MAPTOOLS - TUTORIALS, DOCS, VIDEOS, TOOLS, ETC

My stuff
Excel Tools: Table and Light editors
MT Tools: Bag of Tricks: Tools for Maptool, Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II,onMouseOverEvent and
DPI.
Frameworks: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, SET Card Game, RoboRally
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow, READ THIS


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 243 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:14 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests





Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

Style based on Andreas08 by Andreas Viklund

Style by Elizabeth Shulman