[1.4.0.5] frame resize still not working

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: [1.4.0.5] frame resize still not working

Post by JamzTheMan »

Hmmm... Maybe I'll take a peak (no promises if I can fix it though).

I actually have a "Calendar/clock" frame now in my campaign and I must say...it's starting to annoy me to re-dock it EVERY time...And things that annoy me seem to get my attention lol

I haven't played with the resize but Wolph has sample code so it should be easy to test at least. I'll see what I can do...

Starting to get backed up on pull requests again...

PS: If someone wants to create a issue on GitHub with summary details, that would be great! We have a GitHub channel on Slack so I tend to notice those...Forum posts tend to get lost someti....OH look SHINY
-Jamz

emforhsdpdlw
Kobold

Post by emforhsdpdlw »

JamzTheMan wrote:Hmmm... Maybe I'll take a peak (no promises if I can fix it though).

I actually have a "Calendar/clock" frame now in my campaign and I must say...it's starting to annoy me to re-dock it EVERY time...And things that annoy me seem to get my attention lol

I haven't played with the resize but Wolph has sample code so it should be easy to test at least. I'll see what I can do...

Starting to get backed up on pull requests again...

PS: If someone wants to create a issue on GitHub with summary details, that would be great! We have a GitHub channel on Slack so I tend to notice those...Forum posts tend to get lost someti....OH look SHINY
Glad to hear. Please let me know if you have any updates.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

For what it's worth, I have frames remembering their "docked" positions now! woot!

There was just an override line of code that "centered" the frame on campaign load, but the dock manager WAS storing the frame info already, so a simple IF statement, bam! No more re-positioning frames on load every dang time!

This is in my latest Fork for testing/use @ maptool.nerps.net
-Jamz

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

out of curiosity: how does this work with double screens? also does this store frame positions per session or in the actual campaign file (on save) and thus always? In the latter case you can have issues if the save is opened on a different client (with different screen settings).

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Frames use the standard docking that the native MapTool windows use. And it's stored as a local user preference in your .maptool folder as your normal settings.

So, basically, Frames work just like the Initiative Panel, Library Panel, Selection Panel, etc. All I did was remove a "forced center on screen" line of code. (or rather, wrap it in an if statement).
-Jamz

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

reason i ask is because i recall an issue brought on by AM(?) concerning off screen headers of frames, making it impossible to move them. As workaround all frames were forced to centre of screen. Hopefully AM can shed some more light on this matter.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yeah, that was an issue mac users had.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

wolph42 wrote:reason i ask is because i recall an issue brought on by AM(?) concerning off screen headers of frames, making it impossible to move them. As workaround all frames were forced to centre of screen. Hopefully AM can shed some more light on this matter.
Sure. And it still will. To be even more specific, the logic is basically, "If this frame is 'docked' then dock it, otherwise center it."

So if it's offscreen and floating freely in the wind, it'll recenter as normal.

PS That fix seemed to be only for custom frames then? Because I just opened 1.3b91, dragged the Impersonate window over to the 2nd monitor, closed MT. When I reopened, the Impersonate window was were I left it, off screen...
-Jamz

Return to “MapTool 1.4”