Dialog, Input -- Options

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
Klaive
Cave Troll

Dialog, Input -- Options

Post by Klaive »

Random question...

I can't seem to find it in any of the tutorials or wikis, but can you have an optional dialog input for players to answer when creating their characters.

IE - on the dialog in the first tab can they be asked what the character race is, then on the second tab can they be asked their sub-race based on the answer provided in the first tab?

or, does this have to be answered over the course of two separate dialog inputs.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: Dialog, Input -- Options

Post by Jagged »

If I was going to do that, I would do it using forms.

So try looking at the forms tutorial here. :)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

the only way to do that is through a html form (see forms tutorial page in the wiki) and then only AFTER the player has actively submitted there choice (e.g. they pressed a 'submit' button). Without the submit button there is no way for MT to know what was chosen from the first list to populate the last list.

Klaive
Cave Troll

Post by Klaive »

wolph42 wrote:the only way to do that is through a html form (see forms tutorial page in the wiki) and then only AFTER the player has actively submitted there choice (e.g. they pressed a 'submit' button). Without the submit button there is no way for MT to know what was chosen from the first list to populate the last list.
Based on my knowledge of how the html forms work within MT, am I correct in assuming I can have a macro run one form that gets me the race then another form is run after that with the data just entered allowing for the sub-race to be determined as well?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

yup. you can even create it such that it appears tp be the same form by closing the first and opening the second with the adjustments

Return to “MapTool 1.4”