Bag of Tricks help (I think I'm being dense)

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
taustinoc
Dragon

Bag of Tricks help (I think I'm being dense)

Post by taustinoc »

I'm trying to figure out the roof/canopy functions, but when I click on Initialize Pads, I always get "The following maps will not be initialized (see settings): Grasslands," and it doesn't seem to work. I have looked in settings, and cannot find what it's referring to. What am I missing?

taustinoc
Dragon

Re: Bag of Tricks help (I think I'm being dense)

Post by taustinoc »

That would be the yellow Settings macro next to Initialize Pads. It is the only Settings I see. What, exactly, am I looking for?

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

OK, I was not reading it correctly. The map name was on a separate line from the "will not be initialized" message, with nothing in between. But when I exclude the map in Settings, it then shows up on the same line. So apparently, it was initializing it (and when I look at the properties on a tree, there's a Handout image for the trunk). So that seems to actually be working right (barring issues with naming - is it case sensitive on "Canopy" and "Roof"?)

If I could make a suggestion, perhaps there should be something between the "will not be" line and the list of maps that are being initialized. For the slow-witted, like myself.

And I needed to have the token I was moving over it snap to grid.

It seems to be working now. Sorry to bother you. (As I suspected, it was me.)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I had another look but...
screenshot
Schermafdruk 2017-04-07 14.04.42.png
Schermafdruk 2017-04-07 14.04.42.png (37.94 KiB) Viewed 867 times
... I'm not sure how I can make that more evident.

I can't recall whether the key names are case sensitive, but thats easy enough to find out.

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

The settings page is clear enough. I'm referring to the popup at the end of Initialize Pads. This:

vs this:

It was not obvious to me, at first, that they were not the same. Some indicator on the first one that "the following have been initialized" would be less confusing, where there's nothing excluded.

Return to “MapTool 1.4”