Token Question

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
jjensen6823
Kobold

Token Question

Post by jjensen6823 »

Ok... Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, but is there a way to rotate a token or object other than 90 degrees when using a square grid? I'm trying to line objects up with a map of caverns that are anything but square, and I can't figure out how to put a token on an angle....

Jim

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Token Question

Post by Full Bleed »

jjensen6823 wrote:Ok... Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, but is there a way to rotate a token or object other than 90 degrees when using a square grid? I'm trying to line objects up with a map of caverns that are anything but square, and I can't figure out how to put a token on an angle....
Edit>Preferences>Facing can be set to use vertices as well as sides to get 45 degree rotation when holding down the shift key and spinning the mouse wheel.

You can also hold down Ctrl-Shift and spin the mouse wheel to get about a 5 degree rotation (at least that's what my mouse setting delivers).
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You can also use the option menu to set the facing which follows your mouse position and has a 1 degree amount of accuracy.

jjensen6823
Kobold

Post by jjensen6823 »

By "Options Menu", do you mean the menu that pops up on right-click, because I've tried that, and it only rotates in 90 degree increments for me.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

jjensen6823 wrote:By "Options Menu", do you mean the menu that pops up on right-click, because I've tried that, and it only rotates in 90 degree increments for me.
Ah, you're right. You have to hold down the ctrl key as well when moving the mouse.

Return to “MapTool 1.4”