Is it possible to have an Invisible line of sight token?

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
Polish-Jack
Kobold

Is it possible to have an Invisible line of sight token?

Post by Polish-Jack »

I am brand new to MapTool and have not even used it in a game yet but I have been making a map and practicing on a projected table top setup that I just installed in preparation for our first game. Just to clarify, the game is all face to face and sitting around the table. I intend to use MapTool on a laptop as the GM and manipulate the map from there while running the projector off a second computer as a client in Player View. Players will only interact with the map using standard DnD miniatures. What I have found is that in order to have Fog of War and Line of Sight implemented on the map there needs to be a token representing the character and the type of light source or vision type on the map (obviously).

Is it possible to make the token invisible in the player view while having it visible in the GM view so that it can be placed on the same square as the physical miniature and have as little effect on immersion as possible?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Is it possible to have an Invisible line of sight token?

Post by aliasmask »

Turn off individual views on server start (but check everything else). Make it a PC token with vision. Turn on FOW and set a vision type like to night in the top menu. On the token config, check the visible to owners only. This should expose the FOW for the players but not show the token. (GM should be the only owner, not the player instance)

Polish-Jack
Kobold

Post by Polish-Jack »

I will give this a shot. Thanks!

Polish-Jack
Kobold

Post by Polish-Jack »

Following your instructions I have it working to the point where the player side of the server connection can discover the map with a light source but it does not show the 'bright' area of the token's light source even though it appears on the DM side of the connection.

Return to “MapTool 1.4”