Screwed up map settings

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
Mobster
Kobold

Screwed up map settings

Post by Mobster »

Hi,
Neebie here, just started my third map and downloaded new tiles and they only 5' wide instead of the 6x6 i did with the last one. What have I screwed up.?
Looked in preferences etc and no joy. Really done bad ... anyone help?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Screwed up map settings

Post by aliasmask »

Did you drop the tile on the token layer, which resizes token to 1 grid square or on the background, which uses the original size?

Mobster
Kobold

Post by Mobster »

no using background layer I believe worked with the first two maps I did now not working, how can I reset them?
Screwed a setting up somewhere and Can't find out how to change back to default?
Using probonos mega pack 6x6 at 200 size and each tile resizes to 5 ft grid.
Weird please help

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You can right click token and select Free Size. Should change to original starting image.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Mobster wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:51 pm
no using background layer I believe worked with the first two maps I did now not working, how can I reset them?
Screwed a setting up somewhere and Can't find out how to change back to default?
Using probonos mega pack 6x6 at 200 size and each tile resizes to 5 ft grid.
Weird please help
Are those tiles really 6x6 at 200x200 per tile? 200x200 doesn't divide evenly by 6...

A 6x6 tile at 300x300 would drop clean on the Background layer if you set to Snap to grid, Start Freesize, and the map was set to 50 pixels per 5ft.

Go into Edit>Interactions to set how assets act on dropping onto various layers (Object,Background, Token).

You will have to adjust map sizes according to the assets you're using if you want "clean" drops... otherwise you're going to end up resizing each tile as you use it.

PROTIP: When resizing a Freesize asset that is also Snap to Grid, you can hold down the CTRL key and drag corner and it will snap-resize to the grid. This is a good way to size tiles quickly to maps they aren't properly set for (dpi wise.)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

ProBono's tile set comes in a 200px/grid size as well as a 50px/grid size and others.

All you have to do is create your new map with the Pixels per Cell set to 200. Drop them on the Background layer. Check your MapTool preferences that Backgrounds default to snap-to-grid.

Return to “MapTool 1.4”