BUG: MapTools opens to a white window, hangs.

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
EbonyRubberWolf
Kobold

BUG: MapTools opens to a white window, hangs.

Post by EbonyRubberWolf »

MapTools Version: MapTools 1.4.0.5
Java Version: 8u144(x64)

Issue: Can access the Launcher but upon trying to open MapTools, either through the Launcher button OR directly through the file(maptool-1.4.0.5.jar), the splash screen comes up and a couple seconds later another window opens behind it. This window is blank white and unresponsive. The splash screen does not close, and nothing further can be done with the program aside from going into Task Manager and force shutting it down. I receive no error messages and cannot find any error logs.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: BUG: MapTools opens to a white window, hangs.

Post by aliasmask »

What are the launcher settings?

I recommend 2048 max, 64min (default) and 4 stack.

You can also try installing 1.4.1.8 which has java built in which could also be your problem.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: BUG: MapTools opens to a white window, hangs.

Post by Full Bleed »

EbonyRubberWolf wrote:OS: Windows 10 Pro
MapTools Version: MapTools 1.4.0.5
Java Version: 8u144(x64)

Issue: Can access the Launcher but upon trying to open MapTools, either through the Launcher button OR directly through the file(maptool-1.4.0.5.jar), the splash screen comes up and a couple seconds later another window opens behind it. This window is blank white and unresponsive. The splash screen does not close, and nothing further can be done with the program aside from going into Task Manager and force shutting it down. I receive no error messages and cannot find any error logs.
This isn't a bug. It's a problem with your install.

I'd uninstall all versions of Java on your system, reboot, reinstall Java (64 bit) and try again.

When you run Maptools for the first time it will ask you for a security exception. Be sure to ACCEPT the exception.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “MapTool 1.4”