[Bug 1.4.1.7?]Form submit arguments and input values

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
aliasmask
RPTools Team

[Bug 1.4.1.7?]Form submit arguments and input values

Post by aliasmask »

I think I may have found a bug. If I enter an argument value as a part of the <form action> it just concatenates the value to any <input> values passed to the processing macro in macro.args. The method is set to json. The input values are done correctly and put in to a json array. But the arguments set in the action (see Wiki: macroLinkText()) are oddly added to json. So, if I just put "test" as an argument and let's say I had no input other than submit value="test2" then my macro.args would look like this:

Code: Select all

["test{"submit":"test2"}"]
This is not a json. Looks like there is no comma and the quote is in the wrong place.

This is what I would expect.

["test",{"submit":"test2"}]
If I had a json array, like ["test","test1"] as the argument, then it would be:

["test","test1",{"submit":"test2"}]
OR (probably better as)

[["test","test1"],{"submit":"test2"}]
As is the above format gives an error because of the bad formatting.

If I had a json object like this: {"test":1,"test1":2}, then I would expect this:

[{"test":1,"test1":2},{"submit":"test2"}]
All the argument data would be in the 0 index of the array and input data in the 1 index. If there was no argument with the json method then it would pass a json object. Checking the macro.args type would be a good way to know if there was argument data.

For now, the workaround is not to use the argument parameter with the json method. If you need to have a set argument, then use <input type=hidden>.

---

Also, if someone does try to tackle this, there's also this: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 5&#p263585

Look at the next post in thread by me for the TL;DNR.

---

Let me add to this. When I pass   as part of the value of an input, like when I format the text on a submit button, the form processes it as %EF%BF%BD which gives me the little square value which I assume is MT's unknown character. In my case, this isn't important but it's unexpected behavior.

Return to “MapTool 1.4”