integration and triggers

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

dLANbandit
Dragon

integration and triggers

Post by dLANbandit »

Are there plans to integrate the output of this tool into the chat box of maptools.

Does this tool have triggers? Can I cause macros to fire based on a turn happening? I would like to be able to setup a monster's attack to occur every turn against a nearby opponent. But to do that I would need to know nearby from the maptools, and I would need the macro power of dice tool.

Are there any plans for something like this?

jay
RPTools Team

Re: integration and triggers

Post by jay »

dLANbandit wrote:Are there plans to integrate the output of this tool into the chat box of maptools.
Absoluetly. There will be full integration with map tool and it's chat box.
dLANbandit wrote:Does this tool have triggers?
Yes. They are called timers in the tool, and can be set up to show a spell's duration or to remind you of something that needs to happen.
dLANbandit wrote:Can I cause macros to fire based on a turn happening? I would like to be able to setup a monster's attack to occur every turn against a nearby opponent. But to do that I would need to know nearby from the maptools, and I would need the macro power of dice tool.
Macros aren't implemented yet, I plan to start adding them sometime in the near future. I'm thinking that there will be a number of events that can have macro's attached to them. Examples of events are when a NPC gets initiative, when a timer expires, at the beginning of a round, etc.

Integration with dice and map tools will take a bit longer. We have to set up the framework to talk between them first. When that happens, I expect that we will be able to do all you are asking.
dLANbandit wrote:Are there any plans for something like this?
This is definately what I have planned for init tool.

dLANbandit
Dragon

Post by dLANbandit »

I think it would be awesome to setup combat macros that basically are a monster or npc's fighting style. I would love to be able to have my crit chance roll when I crit, or to have my character attack something until it is dead or I tell him to stop. So I can go walk to the fridge with my wireless headphones, and not hold up combat. OR have an npc use spells in a certain order, based on his health, duration of combat, or other things.

Stuff like that would let me have my characters fight a goblin army.

Fobbo
Giant

Post by Fobbo »

I dont think having it do automatic combat is allowed by d20 OGL rules. Of course I am no lawyer and have not read the OGL in a while.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Fobbo wrote:I dont think having it do automatic combat is allowed by d20 OGL rules. Of course I am no lawyer and have not read the OGL in a while.
But that is the beauty of all of the RPTools - the tools we make are not for any system. They are very open and you use them as you wish.

What you do in your own home is up to you! ;)

Return to “InitiativeTool”