PC's Treated like NPC's?

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Archmage Chaos
Kobold

PC's Treated like NPC's?

Post by Archmage Chaos »

Didn't see this mentioned earlier, so here goes.

Setting up combatants for an encounter, they can be specified as PC's, NPC's, or 'default'. However, when resetting an encounter, the "remove NPC's" checkbox removes all of these. Also, when setting for "manual initiative", checking the "Players" box does nothing, while checking the "NPC's" causes all of them to come up, asking for the manual init (sure, leaving blanks causes them to be random rolled, but that's not the issue, here).

(This is for build 1.1.b7, 1.1.b8 and 1.1.b9, didn't test further back than that)

Am I missing something? And where is the actual program documentation (the link in the Help section simply redirects to the main site page)?

jay
RPTools Team

Re: PC's Treated like NPC's?

Post by jay »

First off, welcome!

It sounds like the PC combatant type doesn't have its player character flag set. To fix it, I need to know which game settings file you are using?

All of the documentation that I had was lost when Trevor switched hosts and removed the the old wiki. He said it might be available, so I'll check with him and see if he's found it.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

jay wrote:All of the documentation that I had was lost when Trevor switched hosts and removed the the old wiki. He said it might be available, so I'll check with him and see if he's found it.
You might be able to find it using the Internet Archive/WayBack Machine at http://archive.org/ and putting in the top-level URL for the wiki.

Since all wiki pages are dynamic, it might take some work to figure out what kind of URL to put in to generate the page you want.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I tried, but no such luck. :( Thanks for the tip though!

Return to “InitiativeTool”