Custom Properties

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

dorpond
RPTools Team

Custom Properties

Post by dorpond »

Hey Jay, I really have to tell you that InitTool is coming along very nicely! For once I finally have an accurate digital Initiative tracker to use during gaming. I refused to use anything since the endless frustration with DMGENIE's initiative tracker.

My games are really quick and smooth now thanks to you!

One question I have though:
1. When I add custom properties in Edit Settings, what is the best way for them to become active besides closing and reopening InitTool? I seem to get errors in Java on the lines of:
JETAPanel.getComponentByName failed to find component: Spot
JETAPanel.getComponentByName failed to find component: Listen

I already have a group setup when I usually add properties but I did try to remove all the players and add them again but I still get the complaints. The only way I have been able for them to become active is to restart InitTool.

Is it me or is that expected?

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Custom Properties

Post by jay »

dorpond wrote:Hey Jay, I really have to tell you that InitTool is coming along very nicely! For once I finally have an accurate digital Initiative tracker to use during gaming. I refused to use anything since the endless frustration with DMGENIE's initiative tracker.

My games are really quick and smooth now thanks to you!
Sweet!
dorpond wrote:One question I have though:
1. When I add custom properties in Edit Settings, what is the best way for them to become active besides closing and reopening InitTool? I seem to get errors in Java on the lines of:
JETAPanel.getComponentByName failed to find component: Spot
JETAPanel.getComponentByName failed to find component: Listen

I already have a group setup when I usually add properties but I did try to remove all the players and add them again but I still get the complaints. The only way I have been able for them to become active is to restart InitTool.

Is it me or is that expected?
That is a bug that I've fixed in the next version of init tool. I'm testing it pretty hard to get it ready for a 1.0 release this month or next. I hope to have build 12 out in the next couple of days. The only way around this bug now is to close and start init tool again.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

This should be fixed in this build.

Return to “InitiativeTool”