Dragging combatant removes entry

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

How wierd.

I haven't run my file through an XML validator. Maybe I'll try that.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

It wasn't your files, they were fine. It was in the code.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Well I guess that is good then. :)

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

jay wrote:I've been working on this and I have not found away to set the default action to copy instead of move. So I'm thinking about making it work this. Dragging from one tool to another tool will always be a Copy. When dragging from init tool to itself it will always be a Move. MT and GT will not allow dragging to themselves. You can still use copy/paste to copy an item in IT or GT. You can use cut and paste to move and item between IT & GT. I think this will support all of the different uses needed and provide the best default actions as everybody here needed them.
I implemented this and there is just one strange thing left. When you drag from IT to itself the copy cursor is displayed even though it does the move. It has to do with how I hacked the code to make everything just copy. Java thinks its doing a copy, but when its done I move it anyway. Hope that's OK, because I've not been able to get it to stop.

voodoo
Dragon

Post by voodoo »

jay wrote:I've been working on this and I have not found away to set the default action to copy instead of move. So I'm thinking about making it work this. Dragging from one tool to another tool will always be a Copy. When dragging from init tool to itself it will always be a Move. MT and GT will not allow dragging to themselves. You can still use copy/paste to copy an item in IT or GT. You can use cut and paste to move and item between IT & GT. I think this will support all of the different uses needed and provide the best default actions as everybody here needed them.

Is tis OK for the 1.0 release, or should I just leave it the way it is? I'll take a look at fixing it again after IT moves to Java 6. They have changed the available support for drag and drop and enhanced it.
That is just what I wanted. Thanks

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Did you also figure out why the Custom Properties are displayed twice in the Lookup window?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Sure did. I'm going to do a build here in a couple of minutes so you can start working with it again.

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Dragging combatant removes entry

Post by jay »

ego093 wrote:In 0.1.b12, dragging a combatant to MapTool from eith GT or IT removes the combatant from the list you're dragging it. The whole token feature for the combatants is VERY cool, and I'm excited to see how it all comes together.
This is fixed in build 14 so that if you drag from one tool to the next it does a copy. If you drag inside of IT it will do a move even thought the cursor shows a copy.
Phergus wrote:Did you also figure out why the Custom Properties are displayed twice in the Lookup window?
Phergus wrote:Notice that with B12 my creatures file no longer works with the Lookup function. The Lookup window is totally hosed with most GUI elements only visible while I hold the mouse down over it.
All of these bugs have been fixed in build 14.

Return to “InitiativeTool”