B17 thoughts

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

B17 thoughts

Post by Steel Rat »

I have to say, Init Tool is looking fan-friggin-tastic!

The displays work flawlessly, the flexibility is enormous, I just can't say enough.

One thing I'd like to see is more flexibilty in the export to HTML. I'd like to be able to select which custom fields are exported. This might be something available depending on the View. I'd like to be able to select which fields are visible in the List and Table views as well (I can go to the index card view if I want to see all the fields.)

A couple of bugs:

- Not all of the dialogs open fully (meaning buttons and fields are sometimes outside the current window size.
- Export to FTP: The OK button doesn't close the dialog, it also doesn't appear to be doing anything (the file isn't being placed on the server).
- Export to FTP: If I hit the Cancel button, and then re-open the dialog from the file menu, the Path/Filename field contains the Host Name information. So I suspect the variable name is duplicated there, and may be causing the problem seen above (no output to the server)
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

jay
RPTools Team

Re: B17 thoughts

Post by jay »

Steel Rat wrote:One thing I'd like to see is more flexibilty in the export to HTML. I'd like to be able to select which custom fields are exported. This might be something available depending on the View. I'd like to be able to select which fields are visible in the List and Table views as well (I can go to the index card view if I want to see all the fields.)
I wasn't sure what to put in the HTML. Right now it just shows the list of the combatants in initiative order reguarless of what view you are in. I can add another settings property that lets you type in the names of the properties to see and then shows those values in a table. I wasn't going to add list and index card views since they didn't seem as useful when you aren't attached to the data. I've opened a tracker for this. Since I'm in a functional freeze right now, it will get done in version 1.1.
Steel Rat wrote:A couple of bugs:

- Not all of the dialogs open fully (meaning buttons and fields are sometimes outside the current window size.
- Export to FTP: The OK button doesn't close the dialog, it also doesn't appear to be doing anything (the file isn't being placed on the server).
- Export to FTP: If I hit the Cancel button, and then re-open the dialog from the file menu, the Path/Filename field contains the Host Name information. So I suspect the variable name is duplicated there, and may be causing the problem seen above (no output to the server)
I've opened a tracker for these too.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

I wasn't sure what to put in the HTML. Right now it just shows the list of the combatants in initiative order reguarless of what view you are in. I can add another settings property that lets you type in the names of the properties to see and then shows those values in a table. I wasn't going to add list and index card views since they didn't seem as useful when you aren't attached to the data. I've opened a tracker for this. Since I'm in a functional freeze right now, it will get done in version 1.1.
Basically for my forum games I have a stat box that always shows current initiative, HP, and any other notes, just as a quick ref. If I can add a handful of the existing custom properties onto the export, that would be perfect.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

jay
RPTools Team

Re: B17 thoughts

Post by jay »

Steel Rat wrote:]A couple of bugs:

These will be fixed in build 18

Return to “InitiativeTool”