Lost the Defualt D&D file, Now I can't find the Monsters

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Glock-9mm
Giant

Lost the Defualt D&D file, Now I can't find the Monsters

Post by Glock-9mm »

Ok, I'll start by saying that today I was an utter dork. With that out of the way here is my problem.

I installed IT and after having a little tinker managed to delete the D&D defualt file that lets me see (A) All the catagorys attached to monsters like (AC, Stats etc etc) & (B) All the monsters that I used to be able to see when Iusing the "Lookup" tool.

So I looked about and could not find where they went, so I tried the old, uninstall/reinstall trick... Alas... I am still a dork and they are still not there. lol

So... How can I fix this issue?

Regards
Glock-9mm (In Dorkess-Maximus Mode)

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

First you can try to re-open the data file in Tools --> Game Settings Choos Game tabl. The file is called
"C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\.inittool\defaultDnD.rpgame". Make sure you don't have a file in the Other files list selected when you load the file.

If that doesn't do it, close InitTool, delete the "C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\.inittool" directory, and then restart InitTool. that will recreate everything from scratch.

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

jay wrote:First you can try to re-open the data file in Tools --> Game Settings Choos Game tabl. The file is called
"C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\.inittool\defaultDnD.rpgame". Make sure you don't have a file in the Other files list selected when you load the file.

If that doesn't do it, close InitTool, delete the "C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\.inittool" directory, and then restart InitTool. that will recreate everything from scratch.
I had to resort to the second method... But YAY... Now it works.

Glock hops up and down and clapping his hands. :D :) :D

Cheers Jay.

Regards
Glock-9mm

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I'm glad that fixed it. If you get a chance to use InitTool post your experiences here, I'd love to hear them!

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

I plan to use my new setup this week.

* Laptop (Running 2 copies of Maptool, One in "Player/Host Mode" the other in "GM Mode", The one in "Player/Host Mode will be on my split screen that feeds to the projector and doesnt clog up my desktop "gotta love win xp" and The GM Log in will be used to control everything).
* Projector (See Above)
* IT
* Excel (Only used for NPCs, also has my old Macro driven ini sheet)
* Myinfo (Campaign/Rules/Setting Data repository)

We have had this all up and running before and it worked very well, I'm even happier now that IT has monsters in it. All I do then is track the HPs in the GM Notes section on Maptool.

The new part to the setup is the Maptools and IT hosted on the same machine. If it becomes too cumbersome for me I'll just move the IT side to a player but with the stats etc of Monsters in the IT manager I should recover lost time from there as I don't really have to look at books etc.

We have 3 other users that log in around the table as well with their Laptops through my very fast 8 port router and they buddy up with someone that doesnt have one so they handle their own token movement.

It works very well.

I'll post photos and notes next week after the game. ;)

Regards
Glock-9mm (NZ)

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Hey Jay, would Help -> Reset InitTool have fixed his problem above?

I know with Maptool when I delete bundled tokens or maps and do that functin, it puts them back in place.

I was just curious more than anything - that is probably where I would have gone first.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Doh! I forgot all about that. :oops: Yes, that should have worked as well.

Return to “InitiativeTool”