Dragging to MT?

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

arrowhen
Kobold

Dragging to MT?

Post by arrowhen »

I've just started playing around with IT, so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but...

I've seen a couple of threads here talking about dragging combatants from IT to MT, but when I try it, nothing seems to happen. I'll select a combatant in IT drag it (the "copy" pointer appears, as expected) but when I drop it into MT, nothing happens.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

You should be able to drag from IT to MT, but I've not tested it in awhile so it might be broken. What version & build of IT and MT are you using?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I found the problem for this and it will be fixed in the build, which will probably be later today.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

This is fixed in build 19. Thanks for the help!

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

Is there any possibility to get more information transfered to the resulting MT token? IT has all the combat info you could possibly want associated with it but that is all lost when it arrives in MT.

I'm just thinking it would be ace to be able to drag a kobold from IT into MT and have it appear with all its stats intact. Even if only as a stat block in the GMs notes section.

Is this feasible and of interest?

Cheers
Blakey
The guy in the green hat.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

The problem is that map tool currently only displays a fixed set of properties. I believe that the data is actually being transferred to the token when you drag to MT. As we solidify how we display property sets and character sheets all of this will be visible.

Return to “InitiativeTool”