Adding to Default Monster List

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Zandari
Cave Troll

Post by Zandari »

Howdy folks,
I was poking around with IT tonight, trying to figure out how to add critters to the database, but I can't find a *.rpdat file anywhere. I see several obvious database files under Documents and Settings\[me]\.inittoolDbg\database, but I don't see data file described in earlier posts, has that gone the way of the passenger pigeon in the new build, or do I have to extract it from one of these .db files in some way?

I have currently plugged in all the characters from the SCAP game I am running, and I must say, this is a beautiful tool.

Zandari

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

In the new version, the .rpgame file is actually a .zip format. The critter list is inside that zip. But only in the DnD settings file, IIRC.

-David

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Zandari wrote:Howdy folks,
I was poking around with IT tonight, trying to figure out how to add critters to the database, but I can't find a *.rpdat file anywhere. I see several obvious database files under Documents and Settings\[me]\.inittoolDbg\database, but I don't see data file described in earlier posts, has that gone the way of the passenger pigeon in the new build, or do I have to extract it from one of these .db files in some way?
drswoboda wrote:In the new version, the .rpgame file is actually a .zip format. The critter list is inside that zip. But only in the DnD settings file, IIRC.
As drswoboda says, the new file format is a zip file. Within the zip file are the .rpdat files. The one with all of the monsters would be called combatantLookup.rpdat and be in the inittool path. If you had entered your monsters in a previous version you can probably just copy the new monsters into the file. I only changed one small thing in the last upgrade for .rpdat files. I renamed the <descriptor> element to be called <property-set>. If you make that change to your previous files you should be able just replace the one in the zip file with your old one.
Zandari wrote:I have currently plugged in all the characters from the SCAP game I am running, and I must say, this is a beautiful tool.
I'm glad you like it!

Return to “InitiativeTool”