Custom Data

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Blakey
Dragon

Custom Data

Post by Blakey »

I'm having a problem with setting up some Custom Data for my D&D campaign.

I have created my own .rpgame file called Rodina.rpgame. I've copied this from the defaultDnD.rpgame and expanded it slightly, adding custom data entries for 'spellsKnown' and 'possessions'. This is so that I can display these properties for all my NPCs.

I have then added generic NPCs to the defaultMonsters.rpdat file, for things like Generic Thugs and Generic Evil Clerics and the like, for my campaign. I've given these creatures relevant entries for <spellsKnown> and <possessions>. All looks good.

I've set up the Game Settings to use my new .rpgame file and my new .rpdat database. This seems to work for the most part.

However I have a problem: when I come to add a generic thug to my encounter this is what I see:

1. Press '+' button. Up pops Add Combatants dialog (correct so far).
2. Press "Lookup..." button to search database. Up pops "Lookup Combatants" dialog (seemingly correct so far, but actually is not).

At this stage I can see a column for Hit Dice (which is in the .rpgame file) and the details are all filled out from the database.
If I scroll to the far right I should see columns for Spells Known and Possessions - but they are not there. What do I need to do to make them appear here?

When I have selected a thug and brought him back to the main encounter window, he has a space for Spells Known and Possessions but they are empty.

I am convinced that if I can make them appear on the Lookup Combatants dialog then this will all work. Any ideas what file I need to edit?

Thanks!
Blakey
The guy in the green hat.

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

Okay, sorry guys. I've sorted this.

The lesson is that you have to be very careful to make sure everything tallies up and is spelt correctly!. :oops:

Blakey
The guy in the green hat.

Return to “InitiativeTool”