Importing/Exporting Combatant files

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Importing/Exporting Combatant files

Post by Amaril »

Is there a way for players to create and export a combatant entry for their PCs and send the file to the GM so that the GM can import it into InitiativeTool?

What I'm hoping to emulate and improve upon is the use of The Game Mechanics' Initiative Cards, which allow me to distribute blank player cards for them to fill or update and return to me with all of their information. They usually update or fill the cards before each game session, and transferring what they filled out on the card to Initiative Tool would take way too much time. If they could fill it out in InititiativeTool and send me a file to import, that would save a lot of time.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

There isn't an import/export feature but there isn't any reason the players couldn't start the Group Tool, create their character data there and then save them to a file that they mail to you. The sucky part would be to combine the files all together. You could use the Actions-->Add Group menu option and load each player's file into the encounter one at a time. Once they are in an encounter you can either drag and drop them to a single group as needed.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

That partially helps me to achieve what I wanted to accomplish. I didn't know you could drag-and-drop from group to encounter. Actually, this is close enough, although there should be a more evident way of handling this.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I have a tracker to help with appending encounters to groups, and encounters to encounters and groups to groups. I'm thinking that this functionality would do exactly what you were asking which is why I didn't create a new tracker. I will add this data to the existing tracker though.

Return to “InitiativeTool”