InitativeTool 1.0.b21 - Bug and Suggestion

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

ShirraWhitefur
Kobold

InitativeTool 1.0.b21 - Bug and Suggestion

Post by ShirraWhitefur »

Even'n!

I've been definitely enjoying Initiative Tool, since I couldn't figure out how to make a nicely automatically reordering list in OpenOffice.. and now I don't have to listen for the group shouting out their initiative rolls. ^_^

However, I can't do away with my 'group summery' sheet, which displays the ac's, stats, and hit points of the group for a simple reason.. Initiative Tool looses track of which data goes on which creature.

Lets say, for instance, I set up the five PC group with all their stats. Save 'em. I set up a group of three different orcs and thier stats, as NPC's. Save those as a seperate group.
Add both to the encounter. All the stuff is still nice and perfect. I click start encounter to get the init's rolled.. and viola. _One_ of the PC's will have a copy of one of the orcs stats. Usually it seems to be the highest init's NPC's stats are copied over the highest init's PC's stats. Not vice-versa though.

It's rather odd, really. It however -could be- due to using an older version of Java, just to be able to use Dundjinni. 1.50.04, to be precise. Also don't know if you fixed it up in B22 of IT. :smiles an' shrugs:

Anywho, my suggestion, beyond the bug fixing of course, is to add an -easily- enterable field for current hit points on things. As simple as either click on a person and click on something on the right, type in the number, or perhaps a shift/alt/ctrl click on a name.

As a GM, I reallly like knowing how much health a PC has at a glance, so I don't accidently 'smear' them with something silly. I have a personal distaste for insta-death moments.. Now putting people unconsious and bleeding to death is much more fun. ^_^

- Shirra

jay
RPTools Team

Re: InitativeTool 1.0.b21 - Bug and Suggestion

Post by jay »

ShirraWhitefur wrote:However, I can't do away with my 'group summery' sheet, which displays the ac's, stats, and hit points of the group for a simple reason.. Initiative Tool looses track of which data goes on which creature.

Lets say, for instance, I set up the five PC group with all their stats. Save 'em. I set up a group of three different orcs and thier stats, as NPC's. Save those as a seperate group.
Add both to the encounter. All the stuff is still nice and perfect. I click start encounter to get the init's rolled.. and viola. _One_ of the PC's will have a copy of one of the orcs stats. Usually it seems to be the highest init's NPC's stats are copied over the highest init's PC's stats. Not vice-versa though.
This sounds like a new bug. Could you send me your group files to my email address? I've not seen this particular behavior before, so I doubt I fixed it :)
ShirraWhitefur wrote:It's rather odd, really. It however -could be- due to using an older version of Java, just to be able to use Dundjinni. 1.50.04, to be precise. Also don't know if you fixed it up in B22 of IT. :smiles an' shrugs:
That shouldn't be a problem.
ShirraWhitefur wrote:Anywho, my suggestion, beyond the bug fixing of course, is to add an -easily- enterable field for current hit points on things. As simple as either click on a person and click on something on the right, type in the number, or perhaps a shift/alt/ctrl click on a name.
You can do this now. Go to the Custom Properties tab in the Tools-->Game Settings dialog. Add a new custom property called Hit Points (or whatever you want to call it). If you move it to the top of the list it will show up at the top of the index page. You can modify this field by clicking on it and typing the new value. I'm not sure why I didn't add a hit point property to the default D&D configuration in IT. If I do another 1.0 build I'll add it, and I'll make sure it ends up in 1.1.
ShirraWhitefur wrote:As a GM, I reallly like knowing how much health a PC has at a glance, so I don't accidently 'smear' them with something silly. I have a personal distaste for insta-death moments.. Now putting people unconsious and bleeding to death is much more fun. ^_^
I 'll agree to that!

Return to “InitiativeTool”