Jay - HERO game file

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

RPMiller
Demigod

Jay - HERO game file

Post by RPMiller »

Jay, I noticed that in the documentation for InitTool you have HERO listed as a game setting. Is that game setting file available for us to download?
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I do have a simple hero game settings file that I used to test the hero initiative stuff. I don't actually own the game, so I seriously doubt that it is complete. I don't think I can post it because it is copyrighted stuff, but I can probably send it to you in a PM.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

I don't see how it could be copyrighted, but yes please send it to me in a PM.

ImageImage

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

The Hero game system isn't copyrighted? I have no problems posting the game file as long as it isn't considered infringing on Hero's copyright. Since my game file is just implementing the initiative system from the game I thought it might be considered a violation. And since I'm not at all sure how all the copyright stuff works I try to be cautious.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

The IP of HERO is absolutely copyrighted, but you can't copyright specific words which is all that you are reproducing here. Essentially you are just creating a pseudo character sheet which as far as I know is not copyrighted as many, many people have made their own versions of the character sheet and DOJ (the owners of the HERO system) hasn't ever hunted them down. Besides this is simply a file that your software requires to run. I'm pretty sure that they can't stop you from doing that. Of course INAL... ;)

ImageImage

Return to “InitiativeTool”