Couple of questions

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

GMdave
Cave Troll

Couple of questions

Post by GMdave »

Can I add to the list in the "Look up"?

Why will my notes I add to the creature when creating groups not show up when I add them to an encounter?

Thanks
Dave

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Couple of questions

Post by jay »

GMdave wrote:Can I add to the list in the "Look up"?
Right now you have to add them by hand to the XML file. An editor will show up in the 1.1 version at some point. If you want to add them by hand the file to update is C:\Documents and Settings\<user-id\.inittool\defaultMonsters.rpdat. Make sure you copy that file somewhere else before editing it. When you've made all your additions go to the Miscellaneous tab in Tools->Game Settings dialog and set the Combatant Lookup File to be your new file.
GMdave wrote:Why will my notes I add to the creature when creating groups not show up when I add them to an encounter?
That is a bug. I'll add a tracker for it.

GMdave
Cave Troll

Post by GMdave »

Right now you have to add them by hand to the XML file. An editor will show up in the 1.1 version at some point. If you want to add them by hand the file to update is C:\Documents and Settings\<user-id\.inittool\defaultMonsters.rpdat. Make sure you copy that file somewhere else before editing it. When you've made all your additions go to the Miscellaneous tab in Tools->Game Settings dialog and set the Combatant Lookup File to be your new file.
Hmm :? , I believe I will wait for the editor.

Dave

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Couple of questions

Post by jay »

GMdave wrote:Why will my notes I add to the creature when creating groups not show up when I add them to an encounter?
This will be fixed in the next 1.1 release

Return to “InitiativeTool”