Hit Points

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

GMdave
Cave Troll

Hit Points

Post by GMdave »

Is there going to be something coming out later that will keep track of Hit points? I think that the Intiative tool would be a good place to do this because this is up and running during the entire combat, and once a creature reaches 0 their status would automaticly change to dead and get skipped. You could also set it up where players can go into negatives. A players status would be unconsious at 0 thru -9, and dead at -10.

I am sure this has be discussed before, but I thought I would post it anyway while I was thinking of it :)

Thanks
Dave

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

The 1.1 version of IT will have scripting support available for this functionality. In fact, I just finished implementing support for damage, non-lethal damage, temporary and healing of hit points so it will be available in the first release which should be Real Soon Now. I'm still thinking on the best way to handle all of the conditions, but as that progresses it will be possible to set the wait states and conditions that apply as well.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

For the HERO system we really only have two types of damage: BODY and STUN. BODY is the lethal and STUN is the non-lethal. It sounds like this will work perfectly! :D
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I read the Hero rules you posted on BRPG and we should be able to do the exact same thing for the BODY & STUN as I did for the different types of hit points and damage in D&D. That will include counting all of the dice rolled and counting them to determine what type of damage was taken

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

That is awesome! That is exactly what I would love to see. Since you mentioned it, did you have any questions after reading that info? Anything additional you need me to give you?

ImageImage

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

From a rules perspective I didn't think so, we'll see when I get started on it. Probably will want to talk some more about UI for it.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

I'll help you with whatever you need.

ImageImage

Return to “InitiativeTool”