Unexpected problem savign file

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Supergnome
Kobold

Unexpected problem savign file

Post by Supergnome »

Hiya,
So I'm in Init Tool and if I don't add anything I can save just fine. If I enter any data at all (Init Tool or Group Tool) I get that error followed by the path\filename.

Any Ideas?

Kizan
Giant

Post by Kizan »

I had that same problem last night. I also couldn't save group files either. I get an error message "Unexpected problem saving file:" and would then give the path and file name.

When I added combatants manually I was then able to go and edit them, but I had to click on the save button twice to get it to save and then close the editing dialog.

Kizan

Kizan
Giant

Post by Kizan »

I was able (occasionally) to save my encounter file.

I forgot to mention that with the group save error even though it gives an error it does create a file with the correct filename, but you can't open it in InitTool.

Kizan

Supergnome
Kobold

Post by Supergnome »

Yeah, I now found I can use the "add one or more combatants" button, but any other way refuses to save, giving the specified error.

Oh, and anytime I try to save a gruop file it errors, but a file does appear in the save location with the correct name, but they're each almost 3mb!

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

There is a known problem in saving groups in version 1.1 of Init Tool. I've added fixes for the next build. I've not had any problems saving encounter files. Could you give me some more details on how you created the combatants? Any help you can give will be very appreciated.

Supergnome
Kobold

Post by Supergnome »

Well, i don't have too much to say besides I can't do a thing with groups. The only way to get combatants is to use the green button with the plus (Add one or more combatants...) from the Init Tool screen. I can then save/load encounters just fine.

Is there anything more specific that would help?

Return to “InitiativeTool”