Question about Interoperability between Init- and MapTool

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Nargath
Kobold

Question about Interoperability between Init- and MapTool

Post by Nargath »

Hi all.
I searched for a similar thread, but didn't come up with anything.

I am planning on using Init and MapTool on the weekend in my game.
Going to utilise a 40" tv with rgb input as a second monitor for my laptop, and run Maptool on that.

How much interaction is there between Map and InitTool? I'm just wondering if when I move to the next person in the initiative order, is there any indictation of who that person is on MapTool?

Is there any other interactions between the two?

Thanks guys, great tool, I look forward to bringing in to all my games from now on.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Welcome Nargath!

The only integration between Init Tool and Map Tool at this time is drag and drop between the two tools. Much more is planned, but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

jay wrote:The only integration between Init Tool and Map Tool at this time is drag and drop between the two tools. Much more is planned, but it hasn't been implemented yet.
I must be missing something. What can I drag and drop? Tried this for the first time with 1.1b1 and couldn't get it to work. Tried dragging tokens from the Token Tree and the Map.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

You can drag back and forth from the IT encounters and groups to the MT map. However, this has not been tested with 1.1 of IT and 1.3 of MT so it may not work. I usually hold off fixing this until both the MT and IT versions are more stable since we end up breaking it alot with other fixes.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Ahhh, just the question I was going to ask about. I have been trying to drag and drop all morning *chuckles* Looking forward to that capability.

Thanks!
jay wrote:You can drag back and forth from the IT encounters and groups to the MT map. However, this has not been tested with 1.1 of IT and 1.3 of MT so it may not work. I usually hold off fixing this until both the MT and IT versions are more stable since we end up breaking it alot with other fixes.

Return to “InitiativeTool”