Notes

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

brad
Great Wyrm

Notes

Post by brad »

I am using InitiativeTool 1.0b23.

I open grouptool. I add combatants, fill in my custom fields. There are a few things that require notes. So, I double click on a combatant and the Edit Group Combatant window pops up. It includes all of the custom fields and a notes section. I type in my notes. I then save and close group tool. I start an encounter and add the group. I am using index card view. I can see all of the custom fields and the notes section on the right side, but the notes section is blank. I open up the grouptool again and doubleclick on each combatant. The notes are there, so they were saved, but they are not transferring to the encounter index card.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

This is a bug that has been fixed in 1.1

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Cool. Thanks for the reply. Any word on how long before we will be able to save groups in 1.1. That is the only thing holding me back from using that version. I need to be able to save groups to make it a useful tool.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

It will be fixed in the next release that I am trying to get out in the next day or two.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Perfect timing. I am starting my first internet based MapTools campaign in a week. Thanks for all the hard work. :D

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

Will v1.1 read all the data files for v1.0? I have added all my new monsters and NPCs into my campaign data files under v1.0 and don't want to have to do that all again! Will I just be able to upgrade to 1.1 and use what I have now?

Thanks
Blakey
The guy in the green hat.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Eventually I will write XSL to transform the old file formats into the new ones. This isn't practical yet because I keep adding new data to the files with each build.

I've also created a new D&D game settings file which has a lot more data in it than the old one. If you were to switch to the new settings then you would have to add the new data manually. The 1.0 game settings file is still available however so if you don't upgrade there won't be a problem.

Return to “InitiativeTool”