1.1 hangs

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

torstan
Great Wyrm

1.1 hangs

Post by torstan »

I'm starting to use initiative tool for the first time and it is repeatedly hanging. I'm using 1.1b1. I do the following:

1. Open init tool (maptool is open at the same time)
2. Go to Edit->group tool
3. Wait (there is about 9 seconds lag here with the menu still up before group tool opens)
4. Add a new group and rename.
5. Add a goblin via lookup.
6. Add a new character and rename
7. Go to the next field to edit
8. Group tool freezes.

One earlier case had init tool freeze when I went to Edit->Group Tool but I haven't been able to reproduce it.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I'm not able to recreate this using your steps. I did get the long delay that you mentioned in step 3 but only when I had some combatants in the group set already. When the group set was empty it came up right away. If you save the group set and reload it does it still hang? If so can you send me the group set file? In step 4 do you do a File->New->Group Set or a File->New Group or hit the add button next to the list of groups? In step 6 where you rename the character are you doing it in the group table or are you clicking the edit button and renaming it in the edit combatant dialog?

Thank you very much for the debugging info. It is greatly appreciated.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

In step 4 do you do a File->New->Group Set or a File->New Group or hit the add button next to the list of groups?
The add button next to the list of groups.
In step 6 where you rename the character are you doing it in the group table or are you clicking the edit button and renaming it in the edit combatant dialog?
It hangs whenever I am editing fields in the group table. When I switched to editing in the edit combatant dialogue this problem went away.

This brought up a suggestion - when you add a combatant to a group, could the edit combatant dialogue appear straight away? At this point I generally want to edit lots of fields, and this seems to be the best place to do it - but I didn't know it was there until later.

Bragalus
Kobold

Post by Bragalus »

I too am having problems with 1.1 hanging.
I'm using the lastest 1.1.b2 with java 1.6.0_02-b06.

It varies when it hangs. For my last test, all I did was click the + to add a new combatant, added a noble salamander, clicked add, added unnamed to list and clicked ok. Then I was hovering over the menu bar looking at what my options were and then it froze with the menu item open.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I took a look at this tonight and I did find a problem in the scripting. It didn't seem to hang IT when it happened though. I've changed a lot of things since the last release so I might have fixed it.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I've had some RL interference lately.

Return to “InitiativeTool”