Editing dexterity

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

torstan
Great Wyrm

Editing dexterity

Post by torstan »

In the edit group combatant dialogue, the value for dexterity isn't propagating to the overall dex value (the greyed out number you see when the dex section is minimised). The value also doens't propagate to the reflex saves (or other areas I guess).

On a separate note, The dex value entered in the armour section doesn't take into account the max dex value.

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Editing dexterity

Post by jay »

torstan wrote:In the edit group combatant dialogue, the value for dexterity isn't propagating to the overall dex value (the greyed out number you see when the dex section is minimised). The value also doens't propagate to the reflex saves (or other areas I guess).
This is a bug in the code that performs and caches the calculations. Not sure what the problem is but I've added a tracker and it will be fixed in the next build.
torstan wrote:On a separate note, The dex value entered in the armour section doesn't take into account the max dex value.
I checked the script that calculates the AC and it appears to be checking the max dex bonus. Could this be caused by the same problem as mentioned above or are you doing something different? Right now there is no way to get the max dex bonus other than to enter it manually. Also, the armorClass.dexterity value doesn't represent the dexterity ability but additions to armorClass that you lose when you lose your dexterity bonus to AC. This includes things like the dodge bonus. So it is not directly affected by the maxDexBonus. Here is the script I use to calculate the 3 different AC values:

Regular AC

Code: Select all

10 + acUserMod + armor.current + dexterity.current + other.current + min(maxDexBonus, root.dex.currentMod) + root.size.sizeModifier
Touch AC

10 + touchUserMod + dexterity.current + other.current + min(maxDexBonus, root.dex.currentMod) + root.size.sizeModifier
Flat Footed AC

10 + flatFootedUserMod + armor.current + other.current + min(0, root.dex.currentMod) + root.size.sizeModifier
Where armor.current is all of the Armor and Shield AC modifiers, dexterity.current is all of the AC modifiers lost when you lose your dexterity bonus to AC, and other.current are AC modifiers that you have all of the time.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

The problem with editing a group combatant should be fixed in IT 1.1 b2.

Return to “InitiativeTool”